AVIC411.com

AVIC90DVD Getting Wrong CNDV-40MT off

I just tried to downgrade a replacement AVIC-90DVD (I had one that stopped powering on) to the CNDV-40R (WEST) disc. I assume I need to downgrade because it just shows a white screen that says "Insert a valid disc".

Following the above instructions worked, I made it to the "test mode" menu, "Program forced write" is now #8 on the second screen of menu items...

Boot = 2.01

OS = 3.02

GPS = 2.30

When I select "System Program", it shows me a list of all the languages, but everyone has "NG" at the end, for example:

"US English [ NG ]"

If I select "US English", it wants me to push "OK + POSITION" to program or "BACK" to cancel. Pushing BACK works just fine, but I've tried "OK" by itself and in unison with every other button on the remote without luck. What does it mean by "OK + POSITION"?

Also, is the "NG" bad?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Ok, I got rid of the "NG" by swapping the dvd drive out from my original (bad) unit... turns out the new unit had a bad dvd drive. Now it says "US English [ 3.03 ]".

Still can't figure out "OK+POSITION"... Anyone?

I've tried hundreds of button combinations, still can't figure out "OK+POSITION". Someone at Pioneer is laughing at me right now.

I also tried using my CNDV-20 disc (v2.5), but that didn't help either.