AVIC411.com

F700BT from USA to Europe, will it work?

I got the EU f700bt , and I'm thinking 'bout getting one for my wife . The US version costs half as much as the EU version .

Would it be possible to flash EU firmware and just copy all my EU files to the US model ?

Where are you from? I think it could work. I´m waiting for my F. I hope it comes this week.

I've posted this in a few other threads but DON'T.

A - US tuners can only tune into stations with odd numbers so you'll not be able to tune into even channels

B- DVD drive will only play NTSC DVD's where Eorpean DVD's are PAL.

C- There is a region check in some windows files and I-GO map database which can stall the machine.

I'm not mentioning the guarantee and service issues since you must be aware of these already.

I've posted this in a few other threads but DON'T.

A - US tuners can only tune into stations with odd numbers so you'll not be able to tune into even channels

B- DVD drive will only play NTSC DVD's where Eorpean DVD's are PAL.

C- There is a region check in some windows files and I-GO map database which can stall the machine.

I'm not mentioning the guarantee and service issues since you must be aware of these already.

Can´t be modified this? Any hard reset with initial setup? Are you completely sure about this? (Please tell me that it´s a joke)

May be (and that's a big may be) the tuner could, theoretically, be reprogrammed to allow European tuning. But even if it is possible, noone knows how to do it. Also, European models have TMC, which US models do not have...

• 1 month later...