AVIC411.com

Rear SP button Grayed out?

I want to try to adjust the high pass filter for front and rear independently on my f90bt. I at first thought that this was not possible but then I noticed a grayed out button called 'rear sp' and it is set to full. I assume that if this was not grayed out that I could set the HPF but.... Any help on this?

thanks,

Rear SP allows you to set your rear speaker output to a one channel bridge for a subwoofer or to treat them as regular speakers.

You wouldn't want to have a seperate EQ between your front and back speakers anyway; the sound should be the same throughout otherwise you're going to have a really weird sound field. I think what you're looking for is a crossover that will keep your fronts playing mids and highs and your rear more heavy in the lows.

On my DEH-p9800bt I could set the HPF for the front and rear full range speakers independently. This allowed for a fuller sound stage up front.

before:

Front 80hz (higher end component set)

Rear 125hz (6x8 coax)

Sub 80hz

the 125hz to 80hz void with the rear speakers pulled the sound forward while still providing rear fill.

I will be fine with the f90bt, I thought that there might be a way to do it because of the grayed out button. I just have to be careful because the rear 6x8s don't perform like the front component set. I may have to do 125 front and rear which will pull the sound to the back.

thanks,

On my DEH-p9800bt I could set the HPF for the front and rear full range speakers independently. This allowed for a fuller sound stage up front.

before:

Front 80hz (higher end component set)

Rear 125hz (6x8 coax)

Sub 80hz

the 125hz to 80hz void with the rear speakers pulled the sound forward while still providing rear fill.

I will be fine with the f90bt, I thought that there might be a way to do it because of the grayed out button. I just have to be careful because the rear 6x8s don't perform like the front component set. I may have to do 125 front and rear which will pull the sound to the back.

thanks,

My apologies, I totally misread you asking about the HPF and thought you said EQ.. I will blame my lack of coffee at the time. There isnt any seperate HPF for front and rear.. and again, don't meddle with the Rear SP option ;)