AVIC411.com

Wiring Harness for Mk5 Volkswagen? F90BT

I drive a 2008 VW GLI

From what I've gathered, I need to buy (or fashion?) something that allows me to attach my F90BT to the OEM wires. Also, I think I saw that the RCA outputs should not be used. Is that correct? What do I use?

Does anyone have any information on this? What can I expect when I pull out the OEM radio?

Thanks,

e39m5

The complete parts list is as follows:

PAC# C2R-VW (OEM Wiring Interface)

PAC# SWI-PS (Steering Wheel Interface)

PAC# SWI-CAN (CAN BUS Interface)

Metra# 40-EU55 (Antenna Adapter)

American International# VW-K1017 (Dash Installation Kit)

I used all of these on my MkV GTI with zero issues. Everything is available on enfigcarstereo.com and they have extremely quick turnaround.

• 6 months later...

+1 on the connects2. Works like an absolute charm (the one issue is that up/down seeks rather that scrolls through your presets) but otherwise you keep all your OEM functions. They also have a fascia kit that is probably the best fit for a mass marketed unit.

This is what I bought and what it looks like:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthrea ... ic-f7010bt

HR

I have an 06 Jetta TDI with an F700BT installed and I can offer an antenna placement suggestion. Put it behind the instrument cluster. Just above the steering column, remove the bellows by pulling the plastic trim piece at the bottom of the cluster straight out. It will uncover two T15 Torx screws. Remove them and pull the cluster straight out. The cluster plugs into a socket attached to a metal bracket. You can place your antennas on that bracket as it is steel and will hold using the magnets in the bracket. The antennas will have excellent sky exposure and work very well for me. Plus, its a very easy install. I may be able to dig up a couple diagrams if you are interested and need them.

Charlie