AVIC411.com

What's differant? Revised 12-29 new images

Now THAT is a very, very good idea. Is it clickable? Does it work? If you don't mind, I think I'm going to steal that. It'll free up one of the buttons in the 720 column for something else. Awesome. I found the bmp (746_32K_MN-694_24b), and I believe it's intended purpose is for use on the bottom left of the GPS Status screen...BUT I would love to be able to add it to the map screen if it works. What's the code? Thanks man!

--Mav

Lava - You are on the right track. Most people here have been referring to altitude, which is logical. But take a look at the GPS Status screen and see what Pioneer calls it. So we tell the GPS to display altitude it in turn rounds the distance to a value that ends in "0". I said to myself why in the hell won't it be a match 100% of the time.

Aha, it's not altitude after all it's elevation. So I searched for a textmodel that had to do with elevation.

To display "elevation" as opposed to altitude, change this part only textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_altitude.full_text" to read textmodel_wstr="gps.elevation"

Kerosene - Yes, I added the date to my my unit. I had at first tried to display the date, but it would not show in the correct format that was chosen in the regional settings. With Boris' help we got it figured out.

Info for adding the date is this topic. http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19817

I actually added the sat button about two weeks ago. I found the smaller button to be of more use for my set up. The thread list above actually shows what my bottom section looked like. I relcated the sat button to bottom bar. Bear in mind I have the portable unit so there's no radio tuner that displaying info in that area.

There's one thing and it's not the speed info.

• 2 weeks later...

The display will be blank if you have no signal. If you have a signal and it's still blank, then I suspect that there was an error in changing the code. Re-check your code.

Here's the code I used and I believe Mav used something similar on his. As with most of the mods going around, don't forget to change the x & y locations as well as the font and font size to your liking.

USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0  visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid">

USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0  visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid">

Added new images to the main post.

Been trying for a week to get contacts to show when pressing the icon shown next to the sat image.

Maybe someone with more skills than I have can try a few things to see if they can get a shortcut to the contacts. Here's one of the "onrelease" models I used - it don't work as well as about 15 others I tried. Several did crash the system. Not sure how much more I want to try.

onrelease='EXEC"other.pioneer.show_contacts"' USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

• 3 weeks later...

I don't live in a mountainous area, but my unit has displayed up to 1250 ft. Not sure what the cut off between ft and miles was for altitude display.

The textmodel I used for elevation is the same that is used on the gps status screen. If it displays feet instead of miles there, it would display the same results if you make change as described earlier in this thread.

I'm surprised (or maybe not) no one in a mountainous area has not replied to your inquiry. You must be the only one that lives in an area with mountains.

Let us know your results.