AVIC411.com

So I bricked my D3 during Upgrade

Like many other people on this board I was the victim of an unsuccesful upgrade. I burned my disc, checked capacity, 8.5gb for my west disk. Went for it...put it in the D3 said upgrade successful, ok sweet! Then the dreaded "Insert Apporpriate Disk".

What are my options now? I've tried to reset it multiple times and insert my old disc to downgrade. That doesn't seem to be working. I read the instructions to get to the service menu but I guess I need a remote. Any help would be appreciated! Do I pretty much need to get a remote? We'll see how this goes :oops:

They have a flat fee of $200. I assume that if the unit is intact and undamage they will replace whatever is defective for that cost. I got mines back and they replace the GPS module. But then the CD drive didn't work so I returned it with the original map DVD. Got it back a second time and the drive is still bad. I sent it in again. Their quality control sucks. You would think they would test the unit before shipping out. So I've been without a radio for 1-1/2 months and out over $250 for the initial fee and 3 x shipping cost to long beach. Hopefully it comes back in working condition but I'm very weary that it will not break down again. Next time my choice would be another brand.