AVIC411.com

When i first installed the avic n3 the nav seemed like it was working great. So I unplugged everything and then mounted my hideaway unit then repluged everything in. Sence then the nav hasnt been working right.
Everytime i start the car and go to nav screen it shows me somewhere that im not. So I have to go and set my current destination (which is at my house in drivway) before i can drive. And manually setting my location by touching the screen doesnt put me on exactly. But its close. So the nav works, until i shut my car off and then come back and it shows me in a different spot again.
I cant seem to find my directions for the unit, i lost them upstairs so i was hoping someone here could help. Also I dont want to lose any of my current settings on the system, so If i could fix the problem without losing them that would be great. Will i lose my settings if i unplug my battery? Cause the cars going in storage soon, and that would suck also.

Also, ive checked my connections and eveything is working apparently. According to that little self check thing it has.