AVIC411.com

Z3 Gracenote Update, NOT

I have been having the same issues as many of you trying to update my Z3 Gracenote data base to the Oct 08 version. I emailed Pioneer Support and I got a nice email back that says that the Oct 08 update that is posted is ONLY for Z1 and Z2 and that the Z3 has not been posted yet this is what they said "The Grace Note update for Z3 is not available yet. What you download is for Z1 and Z2. It is miss printed information on our website" I emailed back to see when we might expect the Z3 release.

Anyone hear about this or know if this is a normal issue?

Cheers!

I have been having the same issues as many of you trying to update my Z3 Gracenote data base to the Oct 08 version. I emailed Pioneer Support and I got a nice email back that says that the Oct 08 update that is posted is ONLY for Z1 and Z2 and that the Z3 has not been posted yet this is what they said "The Grace Note update for Z3 is not available yet. What you download is for Z1 and Z2. It is miss printed information on our website" I emailed back to see when we might expect the Z3 release.

Anyone hear about this or know if this is a normal issue?

Cheers!

It's rubbish, there's no difference in the gracenote updates for Z1, Z2 or Z3.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue and actually spoke with one of the engineers a month or so back. He went and discussed this issue with support and QA. All their testing on a Z3 was actually a Z1 that was upgraded to a Z2 and then Z3. They never actually tested on a native Z3 HU. (At least that is what I gathered from them.) Long story short, I got the same answer and was told that the Gracenote DB for the Z3 would be out early next year. They have since updated their website to reflect this, minus the date part. I agree with jwq and the DB's are probably the same, but maybe their updater is different, or possibly the DB is stored in a different location? My drive is not unlocked so I have not gone in looking.

• 3 months later...
If your drive is unlocked, you can copy the gracenotes update directly to the hard drive.

I am still awaiting my new hard drive and and 2.5 -> 3.5 HDD cable in the mail..

Seeing as how I hate creating frisbee's with corrupt CD-Rs and a huge pile of proper CDs gathering on my desk. I will take Garret's approach.. and simply drop the latest Gracenote release (Oct_08) into the folder LDATA/AV/CDDB while it is connected to my PC.. seems simple enough 8)

props out to Garret btw..

He is an extraordinary resource and a very patient man!