AVIC411.com

Problem with HD Radio

Hi,

I'm new here, so sorry if this has already been covered (although I did search and didn't find anything).

I just installed a F700BT with a HD Radio input source. The unit plays CD fine, but the HD Radio has no sound at all. Here are the symptoms:

* HD Radio is available on the input menu screen (i.e. isn't grey'd out like Sirius, which isn't installed).

* When I select HD Radio, and tune it to a known station, the station ID comes on.

* I can see the song that is currently playing scrolling across the screen. I have verified in another car that has HD Radio that the song that is scrolling is in fact the song that is being played at the moment.

* There is no sound.

* When I select "FM" or "AM" I simply get static. I suspect that is because the antenna is not plugged into the F700, but plugged into the HD Radio source.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Great forum, by the way. It helped me with the install a lot (like the harness hack for parking brake).

best,

geosynch

Thanks for the quick response. I don't think that's it, but won't know for sure until I look. I guess if that is the biggest mistake I made in the install, I'll be doing OK.

Unfortunately, I can't get access to that plug until I pull the sub. Installing the sub was a real b!tch, too. I won't have time to do it until probably the weekend.

Best,

geosynch

OK, so I plugged the thing in a** backwards. I was motivated to see if that was the problem, but unmotivated to pull the subwoofer. So, I got my 11 year old to get his fingers around the plug (tight squeeze under the dash of a smart car) and viola! I now have HD Radio.

Thanks for the quick and accurate replies.

geosynch