AVIC411.com

Building files from Igo 8.3 to replace Avic's ones ???

Hi all,

I have Igo 8.3.x.x for PDA with european maps and their associated 3D Buildings.

Those Building files are of 2 types : .3DC & .3DL

They seems to cover at least 75% of Paris (France) buildings, so that's pretty amazing!

Avic's 3D building files seems to have only 1 type of file for the 3D Buildings (don't remember right now if it's the 3DC or 3DL one?). And it is FAR from covering as many buildings as my Igo for PDA. It has only MAIN monuments in 3D...(pretty poor compared to the PDA version).

I've tried to replace the 3D buildings from Igo's PDA version to Avic internal memory ones, but had no success. Avic doesn't seems to take those 2 files into account.

There must be a way to bring the 3D buildings from Igo 8 (PDA version) to the Avic...and thus have richer contents. Does anyone of you know how or have an idea ?

Thanks for ur help.

Look for the thread about loading any maps into iGO on the unit. ( http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 6&start=15 should work).

Update to a hacked EZRider with some license files.

Pioneer only gave us landmark (.3DL) files but with a hack you can load any 3DL as well as building (.3DC) files. Not to mention newer maps, phonemes, landscape etc.

Make sure you do not grab files for 8.3 by accident. Those will not work.

I know maps *.fbl from Igo 8.3 will NOT work with Igo 8.0 (which seems to be the version of the AVIC, is that right ?).

However,the same buildings files *.3DL *.3DC works for Igo 8.0 AND Igo 8.3 on my PDA...

Thanks for the info and for the link, i'm gonna read that post right now.

Have a Good evening.

Yes, maps won't work. There may be some problems with newer POI files as well (I was not able to get the hacked EZRider.exe to accept different POIs but i haven't tried all different license files).

If the format of 3DL/3DC files did not change, then they should work. I have full Chicago downtown building coverage now :)

Ok, i copied the cracked License file and the cracked EZRIDER.exe to the avic. Then copied France map (.bgl) and building files (.3dc + .3dl) to their respective folders. (erasing the original files).

I do see know all the buildings, however, they are like transparent and doen't have any real texture (I can barely see them).

Main monuments still looks good as before, and with real textures and clearly visible.

Using those same .3dc + .3dl files on my PDA : ALL the buildings are clearly visible (same visibility as the main monuments).

Am i missing something to be able to see all the buildings clearly ?

Thanks for the help

How the buildings are shown is controlled by a) some settings in SYS.TXT and B) what color scheme you use. It does seem to like to draw them more as wireframes than textured, much more so than regular PDA version...

• 3 weeks later...
t does seem to like to draw them more as wireframes than textured, much more so than regular PDA version...

So are you saying that it is NOT possible to make the buildings as visible (=more opaque) as main monuments already are ?

Here is a picture of how it is display now : 1230429198_IMAG0012.jpg

Igo from Leet Launcher release display the same buildings file very well on the pioneer.. there must be a way to display it in the same way :?: