AVIC411.com

Button Issues since making mods

I have made a few mods; bypass and some changes to the navigatemap.ui file.....ever since doing so my touchscreen has been acting funky.

If I do not touch the screen for a few minutes the only way to get the touchscreen to work is to hit the map key and then go back to whatever I was trying to do. (almost like the map key is resetting the touchscreen) It could just be a coincidence that this is happening after the mods, afterall my girlfriend's D-series does the same thing.

Is anyone else having this problem, any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

I've narrowed this issue down, it seems the touchscreen does not work only after using the volume knob, regardless of the change up/down. At that point I must use one of the hard buttons (menu or map) to reset the touchscreen.

I ask this on here because Pioneer's support is pretty much useless, all they can tell me to do it reset the unit.

i have the exact same problem, under the exact same situation. If the volume is adjusted, I completely lose the use of the touch screen, until I work back through from either the 2 buttons or moving the knob (not turning, but left/right or push)

its a real pita, thats for sure... the only change i'm made from factory was to load Maverickster's data.zip. Unfortunately, i never actually ran this unit without the modded data.zip, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I don't have the problem and I used some of Maverickster's mods but not all. I didn't do the compass detour mod and Speedo/Altimeter/Route Info mod. I'm guessing it has something to do with the later. I'll take a look through the code but there's a lot there.

Question: Is your unit set to full screen cockpit?

I figured mine out, it was the PAC steering wheel control module. Do you guys have that connected? If so disonnect it and perform all three resets. (1. nav menu-restore factory defaults 2. reset button 3. hold reset button and eject button for 10 seconds simultaneously)

The wires are still connected to my factory harness, I disconnected the blue box from the head unit and the PAC harness.

If that wouldn't have worked my only option according to Pioneer would have been sending it in as a defect.

Hopefully this works for you guys.