AVIC411.com

Editing data.zip files with a mac. How?

this is NOT related to that awesome new stereo in the mail for me...

But I cannot resist. No, you do not have to install anything except the XP disc in the Mac for it to work. Nothing. The software is built into the OS (which is QUITE stable, I might add). I add the XP install disc to the iMac w/Leopard and it's just that simple. The other apps have advantages that some people prefer. IF you want to get technical though, it is completely compatible with Leopard.

Ask MS if they offer the same thing.

Furthermore, Microsoft is one of the reasons why products are released too soon and require constant patches/updates to work (see F series stereos, as an example). I use both. I own a handful of Mac computers, a couple of iPhones reside here as well. I find them to be 1,000% more useful in the realm of photo/video and music which I find myself most often in the middle of. Heck, I find them more useful in all fronts. Simple, clean interfaces with tons of options built in. Go get a Mini with Leopard and see for yourself what all the fuss is about. They come ready to go, with EVERYTHING you need built in. It's a no-brainer, for many.

If MS could get it together and build/release a solid OS repeatedly w/o issues then perhaps there would be more cooperation between the two. They cannot. Many of us choose to accept our PC friends w/o bias, even though we cannot wrap our minds around the concept of paying hard-earned $ for something that we all KNOW doesnt work correctly, and even if it did, still under-performs on nearly EVERY test compared to a Mac.

Well. I hope you all enjoy your puters, regardless of their brand.

As for me, I'll never go back. It's been a great 10 years. I can do things on my computers that blow people away, and do them seemingly effortlessly. I have all of the windows programs I need, on my mac, and the XP system runs faster on my Mac than it ever did on our Dell Dimension xBlalblalalbla monster machine.

Cheers to all. I'm just watching the mailbox for my new 90BT to arrive.

• 1 month later...

Windows is not the only software that needs patches/updates to work; Mac O/S X needs them as well. You also need to realize that Mac has a very narrow product line, so it makes it easier to create a solid O/S, that doesn't freeze and/or crash.

Windows has no guidelines to what computers can be used; as long has you have a Windows disk you can try and run windows, so they need to have it work with any given hardware and that is not an easy task when new hardware is coming out every 2 min.

BTW, I am a Mac user and prob will always be a Mac user but I do understand the differences and respect both companies and what they do. BOTH have their positives and BOTH have their negatives.