AVIC411.com

AVIC F Series Knob Replacements

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my knurled stainless knob put it on and give it a go and all I can say is this sucks! OK, so let me explain…. Before I knew about the replacement knob that Tom makes, I bought a Sony wired remote because the original knob on the F90BT was tiny and difficult to use especially with gloves. Now with Tom’s replacement knob installed its awesome, easy to grip and manipulate even with gloves on! Everything works great! Now the sucky part is I have this Sony remote that I bought that is sitting on the counter taunting me… Not sure if I’ll every use/install the remote now that I have my new knob!!!!

I would install it. I bought one of the sony remote as well and I love it. I find it keeps my eyes on the road more when changing channels with the radio or sirius.

Got my Paypal sent, can't wait to get my smooth Black!

Hey Sandpro,

When did you send payment? I thought I saw your payment a day or 2 ago. Is that right? Paypal tells me who you are based on your name. Just making sure I'm not missing something.

Nice CRF! I have a 450x also.

Thanks. A few people have said they didn't get their knobs. Appearantly the freekin post office looses shit. I have had about 5 people say they still haven't got their knob from Jan 21st. I don't know all I can say is USPS sucks out loud. :evil:

Just let me know if you don't get it. I'll make it right.

Tom (the POed knob guy)

Perfect timing...

My F90bt should be here wednesday...

I probably won't be able to install it til next weekend...

Maybe, just maybe I'll have my "Thommy Knob" by then too!

It's on it's way Beef! Thanks

SWEET!

I got the unit on Thursday, I received my kit, harness, and onstar module and the SWI PS1 before the radio ever arrived..

I'll be doing the install this week, so I'll probably have the knob before I ever install the radio!! Right on.

After seeing this Unit in person, I am VERY excited to get this ThommyKnob, because I have huge hands and the factory knob feels, well, WUSSY to me... I'm loving the idea of a Chunk O Billet in my paws when I'm fiddling with the radio...

I almost thought my Denali was perfect before... but I have a feeling I'm in for a real treat when I install this bad boy... I can hardly wait.

But alas, it's still snowy outside and the Denali doesn't fit in the Garage with all the motorcycle junk and the hot rod right now..

Thanks again THom... I'll let you know when I get it.

Beef.

Thanks. A few people have said they didn't get their knobs. Appearantly the freekin post office looses shit. I have had about 5 people say they still haven't got their knob from Jan 21st. I don't know all I can say is USPS sucks out loud. :evil:

Just let me know if you don't get it. I'll make it right.

Tom (the POed knob guy)

Oh yeah, you'll find out fast that USPS is the WORST INVENTION SINCE STINKY CHEESE!

That's why most "real" businesses (which I know, you're not... yet anyway) DO NOT use those losers.... I ONLY ship with FEDEX and believe it or not, they're NEVER much more and often times LESS (if you use ground and ship alot) than USPS and they are accountable for their shiznit!

Hope mine doesn't get lost by those jack legs... I want my Thommyknob!!!!