AVIC411.com

z1-z3 upgrade for the uk?

Hi guys this is my first post but im gonna go for it :-)

im on the hunt for a way of upgrading my z1 to z3 software. i can clearly see that its possible but everything i found on the net is US Maps living in the uk this is a bit of a problem :D

does anyone know where i can find an image of the uk spec z3 hdd? or can i butcher the us image to run the uk maps?

if i purchase the upgraded maps from pioneer uk will it bring the firmware up to z3 spec?

thanks

Ash

Hi guys this is my first post but im gonna go for it :-)

im on the hunt for a way of upgrading my z1 to z3 software. i can clearly see that its possible but everything i found on the net is US Maps living in the uk this is a bit of a problem :D

does anyone know where i can find an image of the uk spec z3 hdd? or can i butcher the us image to run the uk maps?

if i purchase the upgraded maps from pioneer uk will it bring the firmware up to z3 spec?

thanks

Ash

There is no UK spec Z3.... The US models Z1, Z2 and Z3 are named HD1BT, HD3BT and HD3BT-II in Europe/UK.

They have a different radio part (with diferent frequency grid and TMC), so you can not use the US firmware update.

The update DVD you can buy in Europe will upgrade a lower version to the latest HD3-II spec ( maps and firmware)

ok i shall re-phrase does anyone have a UK HD3-II image that i could load on to a new hdd to upgrade my HD1BT. If not then i will just buy the disc.

Cheers Ash

I myself am also searching for the HD3-II image.

Is it possible to buy the 2008 European DVD from Pioneer online?

sharp im going to buy the disc and then make and image of mine so watch this space. i am also in the process of starting work on a updated uk speed camera database.

once i have the disc i may offer in very small numbers some uk spec upgrade drives like Garret does in the us pending on the level of sucess i have over the next month or so.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have sucessfully updated a HD1BT to HD3-II HD3-2 firmware software. I bought a HD3-II and a HD1BT and followed the instructions on this forum for Z1 - Z3 upgrade. I used a Toshiba MK6034GAX 60GB disk with enlarged music partition. Will try Toshiba MK8032GAX 80GB disk soon (1-2 weeks).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...