AVIC411.com

Backup Camera Question

I am getting everything together to install my F700 next weekend, and have one question.

I am planning on installing a backup camera, but have not purchased one yet. I have a 12v lipstick camera that I used in my racecar for incar video. It is just sitting in my garage right now, and I would like to use it if possible.

Is the F700 able to reverse the image from the camera?

Obviously the camera I have is not a reverse camera, therefore displaying a standard image.

Basically, am I spending more money this week or not?

Any help is greatly apreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

The F series doesn't reverse the image, the camera is responsible for that part and not all of them will do that, like yours. My camera doesn't reverse the image either, but it really doesnt matter since I'm more interested in the middle of the screen

Just So we don't create extra topics.

Today I got installed My F90BT with a lot of little concerns, most of them I already posted a little while ago. One of them is that my Backup Camera does not come on automatically when I put the car in reverse I have a boyo VTL420 and I can only see the camera when I hit "CAMERA" but not automatically.

I believe the guy that installed it (circuit city) Only run the video cable all the way to the front and connected the power to the back of the truck. Is this the reason? He is telling me that the camera is not a Backup Camera, it's a Rear View camera and it is not designed for Backup (reverse) operation. Is t possible that it is an installation problem?

Thanks

Alejandro

Just So we don't create extra topics.

Today I got installed My F90BT with a lot of little concerns, most of them I already posted a little while ago. One of them is that my Backup Camera does not come on automatically when I put the car in reverse I have a boyo VTL420 and I can only see the camera when I hit "CAMERA" but not automatically.

I believe the guy that installed it (circuit city) Only run the video cable all the way to the front and connected the power to the back of the truck. Is this the reason? He is telling me that the camera is not a Backup Camera, it's a Rear View camera and it is not designed for Backup (reverse) operation. Is t possible that it is an installation problem?

Thanks

Alejandro

hes blowing the proverbial smoke up your ass

get your voltmeter out and make sure that the reverse (purple) wire is hooked up to the reverse white tail light.. get someoe else to throw it in reverse and see if it registers 12 volts.. if it doesnt, yeah, he did it wrong. My Boyo VTK350 is a backup camera, but would still never function properly had I not wired in the reverse light.

Hey man! thanks for your help.

Then again I need to give him specific instrucctions about how to do it.

So He has the camera installed. Power to the back of the truck

then one wire to the front connected to the F90BT.

So What he needs to do is to connect the reverse wire from the car? (where does he find that) to the purple cable (where is the purple cable) I have no idea how to do any of this, bc i need to go with something specific and get the tec to do it properly.

Thanks again sir!

The F series doesn't reverse the image, the camera is responsible for that part and not all of them will do that, like yours. My camera doesn't reverse the image either, but it really doesnt matter since I'm more interested in the middle of the screen

Thanks terron.

I bit the bullet and ordered a Boyo camera yesterday.

He needs to get power for the camera via accessory power in the vehicle. Then connect the reverse light wire in your car to the purple wire in the harness at the back of the F-series

Hey man! thanks for your help.

Then again I need to give him specific instrucctions about how to do it.

So He has the camera installed. Power to the back of the truck

then one wire to the front connected to the F90BT.

So What he needs to do is to connect the reverse wire from the car? (where does he find that) to the purple cable (where is the purple cable) I have no idea how to do any of this, bc i need to go with something specific and get the tec to do it properly.

Thanks again sir!

Ohhhh I think I finally understand. let me see....

So... We would have two wires going across the car.

One brings the video from the camera to the F90BT

the other one will be powering the camera right on the back of the truck, and continue all the way to the deck, to connect to the purple cable. wich will let the F90 know when the car is in reverse, bc It get's the info from the light that turns on when the car gets in reverse.

is this correct?

thanks a lot

Four wires basically

1. Ground

2. Power--Needs to be hooked up to accessory power in the vehicle. Can sometimes be found at the back of the car, or run up to the radio and tapped there.

3. The video cable has to be run up to the deck. Is a brown RCA

4. The purple reverse wire needs to be hooked up to a wire in your car. The wire that goes to the lights is easy and can usually be tapped at the front or the back