AVIC411.com

08' Tundra and 08' F250

I'm about to receive my new Tundra(with JBL) and plan to rip my Z2 out of my current truck and into the Tundra... My Bro-in-Law is getting a Z2(or z3..dunno) for XMas and I'm expected to help install his as well... Mainly for the lack of trusting any of our local installers...

Just wondering if anyone has any info on either... I did find a pretty good tut for the F250 on here... But scored nothing on the Tundra...

Any help/info is greatly appreciated...

You never cease to amaze me... Thanks a butt ton...

I think I actually caught a chopped up version of that guy's post on another forum somewhere...

But this will definetly help out.... pretty sweet looking install as well, even figured a way to use the factory camera...

Thanks again Garret....

You_Rock.gif

Well I got my truck today...

And after ripping my Z2 out of the old truck... I'm soooo not looking forward to installing in the new one... But it'll be worth it.. I forgot how much I appreciated the rear view camera... as well as the endless options of music... Believe it or not, I actually installed my Z2 into my old truck shortly after I had my wisdom teeth removed and was loopy... LOL.. I was actually impressed by my install.... maybe I should get loaded to do it again?

I not only have my truck to install, but shortly after X-Mas, I have to do my sister's BF's :roll:

Anyhoo... I'm stoked about the new truck...so here it is suckas....

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

There might be a slight drop in the near future...

• 1 month later...

Indeed Toxarch... Very helpful.... I can't thank you enough...

I finished it up with the SWI-X for steering wheel controls, which turned out better than I thought it would... and wrapped the entire thing up with a JL Stealth Box over the weekend... which did not fit near as well as I was hoping, as the mounting brackets wouldn't line up right.. But I managed to get them bent into shape...

I hated the SWI-PS in my Chevy truck as it would only work when it felt like it, and the functions were limited... SO this time I used the PAC SWI-X... The SWI-X can learn alot more fuctions than most of the other interfaces, including Voice command...cancel/back...as well as answer and hang up...

The only problem I had, was that the stock voice command button had an issue programming against the volume down... I guess there tied into each other somehow... But it turned out better, as the SR1 remote's VC/back and answer and hang up buttons switch roles dependant on what's going on(i.e when you get a phone call or during a call)... sooo I just progrmmed the stock answer/hang up buttons to VC and back.... as you might can make out from the pic, it has a secondary role when either in a call or when you're receiving a call.. Worked out perfect...

Cruddy Iphone pics...

IMG_0223_1.jpg

IMG_0218_1.jpg

I was going to extend the IR up to the overhead, but found that it worked just fine at the center console without needing to splice and extend the emiter(even in diect sunlight)

IMG_0219_1.jpg

Actual IR emitter

IMG_0220.jpg

Now I just have the Ford to do... yea... :roll: