AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVIC F500-BT..battery issue

Has anyone encountered their battery not lasting more than 10-15 minutes?! The unit works great when plugged in w/the cigarette adapter but when running on its own battery, it dies quickly.

I even ordered a new one from Pioneer, fully charged it before use. Still the same problem as the original battery. Does it have to do w/the Bluetooth taking up more power? The unit works fine w/a direct power source. No complaints, but when running on battery, it lasts about 10-15 min.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone encountered their battery not lasting more than 10-15 minutes?! The unit works great when plugged in w/the cigarette adapter but when running on its own battery, it dies quickly.

I even ordered a new one from Pioneer, fully charged it before use. Still the same problem as the original battery. Does it have to do w/the Bluetooth taking up more power? The unit works fine w/a direct power source. No complaints, but when running on battery, it lasts about 10-15 min.

i got the same problem ! after 15 min flat battery

but when i used leetlaucher whit tomtom battery life is longer about 30min

i think dat the avic software(hardware) needs a lot of juice to work properly !

Bad news, I just received my Avic back after almost a month from Pioneer Service. SAME PROBLEM! The battery now lasts about 30-40 min. But now my BLUETOOTH doesn't work! I'm very frustrated w/their quality of service and demanded that they atleast CHECK EVERYTHING before sending it back.

Now it's on it's way back to them. They better replace the WHOLE UNIT.

It's not just your battery mate, mine is the same - in fact sometimes I don't even get 15mins run-time! IMO it's the screen that uses up all the power, or Pioneer have supplied a batch of dud batteries.

If anyone else with a 500 gets much more than 15mins, let us know.

It's not just your battery mate, mine is the same - in fact sometimes I don't even get 15mins run-time! IMO it's the screen that uses up all the power, or Pioneer have supplied a batch of dud batteries.

If anyone else with a 500 gets much more than 15mins, let us know.

I posted my experience with the F500BT battery a while back.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19798

Basically, these days I'll be lucky if I get a few minutes out of my battery. I have given up the idea of sending in my unit to Pioneer because I don't think it'll do anything...and it seems like others are having the same problem. I'll just continue to use the power cord/hard wire it at some point. Disappointing , but there aren't too many good options right now.