AVIC411.com

Color of Path in 3D

How do I change the color of the selected route in 3D. It seems the intended route is always green with a red arrow, and the background is mainly blues and shades of greens, therefore my desired route gets somewhat lost on the screen. I have a 700 unit.

This is not an issue on a highway, but when when making tight fast turns in a city, the selected route gets lost on the screen.

Also, I do not think there is choice of routing? In my other GPS I can select fastest, shortest time, type of roads, etc.

You need to discipline this ego maniac-- named Boris the Moron.

Mr. Boris. You are a coward hiding behind a shell name. If I am so ignorant, I would love to compare our success.

With the type of ignorant comments you make, I doubt you could even afford to buy the cobblestones in my driveway .

Boris the Moron, still living with his mother and still on an allowance.

I wanted to also know the answer to this question. I read the manual and did not see the answer?

I also agree the moderator should ban comments made from this Boris character.

I agree, he must be of one those nerds who sponges off his Mom, you can tell. Maybe his Mom will buy him a new avic unit for christmas?

I like that name...Boris the Moron...it sort of rhymes.

Blackdog--sorry you have to put up with Boris the Moron.

I just did another search, and it appears you can choose routing options in setup (page 127), but unlike other GPS units, I could find a way to choose this option at will, only in settings. Someone else might help us here.

I agree, I still could not find how to change the chosen route colors in 3d mode or the arrow cursor color? It might be in the book, but I have not seen it yet.

I can say one good thing about Boris. At least he reads these post. What does not make sense if if I had the time to read a post, and I knew the answer, I would not disrespect someone by calling them names -if they did not know an answer.

I would either be quiet, or tell them the answer. It takes as much time to belittle someone, as to answer a question.

If you attack someone, expect retaliation.

I thought blackdog's question was legitimate.

I can say one good thing about Boris. At least he reads these post. What does not make sense if if I had the time to read a post, and I knew the answer, I would not disrespect someone by calling them names -if they did not know an answer.

I would either be quiet, or tell them the answer. It takes as much time to belittle someone, as to answer a question.

If you attack someone, expect retaliation.

I thought blackdog's question was legitimate.

Route type selection is in the manual. There are threads on color schemes in the hacks forum. And blackdog had already demonstrated amply that he thinks that because he can (supposedly) fly a plane, he does not need to engage his brain here.

• 4 weeks later...