AVIC411.com

can anyone here tell me how this is done???

Aight so in looking around the s2000 fourms i found this guy who had a shop install his unit. They did i really legit job. in particular they did two things thay i am particularly interested in doing.

First they changed the boot screen which i am sure most know how to do. his looks like this.

s20007.jpg

Second they changed the main screen. he said they hacked the files by going into the os programs and making the changes there. Any help on how to do this would be great. Here is a picture.

newgraphics.jpg

I have the update and was looking around in the files there but i coulden't find where these files were located.

Can anyone tell me how these two things are done? Has anyone done it that you know of. I asked the guy and he is being a little difficult with giving out the information. Thanks in advance.

Change the boot-screen:

can be done within the UI (described in user manual)

Change icons:

The image files for the main menu are located in the folder common in the images.res file which can be opened with 7-zip. Image.res is located in the APL folder of the navi. You can download the image.res from the AVIC if you go into the testmode and copy the image.res to your sd-card, editing the files on your pc and then upload the new image.res to the AVIC.

Hello, and thank you for the info above... I found the 6 .bmp's that are the main menu icons (3 x normal and push).

I created 6 new icons related to the Iron Man theme I am creating... I renamed them and replaced the images.

When I installed the APL file and rebooted, all three icons are the same (the icon for the AV Source is shown for Destination and Contacts also)

I went back in to the image file and verified that all 6 files are named correctly... what would cause this? Any ideas?

T