AVIC411.com

F500BT Not working after attempted map change HELP!!!!

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been mensioned before but I got a little lost trying to find things about it. I'm a total noobie to this so please go easy on me.

I bought a f500bt from the states thinking I could just add EU maps and use it in the UK (where I live). After lots of messing about I then found out from Pionner that the system is regional and the US unit cannot be used in the UK.

After reading a few things on the net (but before finding this site) I tried to boot through Leetlauncher and change the lic file and maps on the avic to be EU not US.

As I had not found this site I had NOT made a back up of the iGo folder before trying to change the maps! (I know, I know!!!!!!). :oops:

Now when I try to start the unit I just get the 'System starting up' message and it does not go away!!! AAAAaaarrrrrhhhhhhh!!!!

ALL I want to do is use the unit as normal as if I had just bought it from the UK. I don't want to use a launcher.

Someone PLEASE help me out here I'm struggling BIG time!!

Has someone with a UK version got a full backup I could download from them or something???

Thanks

Dave

You are a lucky guy....A friend of mine just got a 500bt and I got the same issue....just unzip and upload this file to your IGO LICENSE directory.

GUGA

Thanks a lot for that GUGA, but that has still not worked!! :cry:

I don't know what I have done but now when the 'system startup in progress' message is there the after the splash screen has finished, the UI (3 icons)is there for a couple of seconds and then dissapears leaving a black screen and the warning message. if I touch the screen where the icons normaly are they apear and work other than the Nivi which gets to the waring message and freezes.

Please help me out!!!!

Your friend couldn't back up his flash storage and upload that (may be to rap!d share or something) for me so that I can replace mine?? I'd be willing to buy him a drink or something for the trouble :wink:

Thanks

Dave

Wich files did you replaced? Upload the entire apl2 folder is insane...it has almost 1 gb....

GUGA

I backed up the us maps and licence files ONLY but then replaced the whole igo folder on the flash with the one off leets launcher 1.5 + EU map and licence I downloaded off this site. Then because that made this problem I tried to replace the zrider.exe with the one off this link http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... t=launcher.

I have now replaced the EU map and licence off the original flash but the rest of the folder including the sys file and data file are still the ones from leets launcher as I never made a back up the whole flash iGo folder.

I coppied over the SYS.TXT and DATA.zip files, I dont know if I could get originals of them files would help sort it out?

Hope that helps explain how much I've messed up a bit better.

I know uploading apl2 folder here @ 1GB is insane, that's why I sugested rap!d share / P Bay or something. Please mate, help me out, I'm so worried I,ve bricked a brand new unit :cry:

Dave

Just an idea mate as i own an f900bt but try doing the update reinstall using the guide http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20119. I dont know if it will but it may work.

Ant

Ant you are THE man!!!

Great Idea, I never thought of that - I just did it and it has worked!!!!! I can't tell you how happy I am!!!

Now all I need to know is if someone can explain step by step to a noob how to get UK maps to run on this US unit.

Thanks again Ant!

I'm off to make a full backup of my system so I don't mess it up again while trying to put UK maps on it!

Scoot,

Just copy the worldwide license files (don't erase the existing ones) and the easyrider.exe.....and cpoy the maps....don't replace anything else....then your good to go..

GUGA

Thanks GUGA,

Just so I'm sure...

1) Add the worldwide license (don't replace).

2) Add Uk maps

3) Replace ezrider.exe

Is that right?

Also which is the EXACT ezrider.exe to use for this?

Dave

i have a similar problem on my 900bt .i tried all the above with no luck. is there anyone that can upload the igo folder.i know it is more than 1gb but it can get smaller if you remove most or all of the maps in the map subfolder in contents folder. i have the maps as a backup so i can then copy them back. please help.