AVIC411.com

F700BT install - 2001 Audi A4

Installed last weekend in my 2001 Audi A4. Couldn't be happier so far with the unit.

First, let's rip out the old stuff...

8.jpg

Run some wires for the microphone...

2.jpg

4.jpg

Toss the microphone where the stock mic was located... (works great!)

1.jpg

Parking brake wire...

11.jpg

Test fit

15.jpg

USB cable goes here... mated with Apple Composite Cable (not pictured)

17.jpg

Bad picture of the completed install... but you get the point right?

19.jpg

Unit runs two RCAs; one to a JL 250/1 amp powering a JL 12w3v2 sub for bass... then another to a PG Octane-R 4.0.2 powering Focal 136K components. If anyone wants pics of that part of the install... let me know and I'll post.

Thanks, enjoy!

• 3 months later...

Hey Kennega,

Looks great! I have the same A4 that I was thinking of installing the same headunit into. How did it go? Specifically, I'd like to know what you used for mounting brackets, and any additional parts you might have needed. I was a little worried as Crutchfield says it won't fit, even though I knew it would.

• 6 months later...

Sorry I'm late on the replies.

The frame kit for mounting is from Crutchfield:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120999105/ ... r-Kit.html

It's the Metra kit. I think I paid like $20 + shipping... fit and finish looks good, so no worries there. As far as the microphone reception, it's not bad, could be better, depending who I'm talking to I sometimes need to talk directly at the microphone, so I'm probably going to end up moving it out of there (I get a wicked rattle from it sometimes) and attaching it to the sun visor. We'll see.

Quick question for you. I have a 2001 A4 as well. I am installing the f90bt with the 99-9105 metra kit. I have been having a hard time getting it to fit perfectly. I placed the deck in without brackets and front piece in and it fits fine. Then I tried installing just the brackets and front piece. It worked fine. BUT.... when I put them together and try to slide it in, the bottom of the front trim piece will not mount flush as it should. Seems like something is blocking it. Or maybe I am placing the side brackets on wrong. Seems to me though that there is only one way mount them using the holes on bracket. Any suggestions? Did you have to modify either the kit or the sub dash?? Thank u