AVIC411.com

Did you know?

I was wondering why the splash screen and frontend was like a vista quality graphics where the rest such as FM, USB player, DVD player etc were more looked like Dos quality.

Even more, I was suprised to see why there were no hacks around for these screens in the forum at all.

I was working with a coder friend today and having looked at the flash files he realised that the graphics used are compiled in a language called NS Basic and the .res files included files which are the graphic files for these AVIC screens. Just use 7.zip to see the inside to those .res files in the APL folder. They include many files built with this software:

http://www.nsbasic.com/

I'm not much of a coder myself so I thought I should let masters know about this (if only they don't know it already :lol: ) and maybe we can have modded and cool looking FM and USB/IPOD screens in the future.

yes the image.res file is known by MANY people on this site. Do a quick search for themes or icons and you will find lots of info. You just unzip the image file with 7zip, change whatever icons you want in photoshop or even MS Paint, then re zip the file and put it back on the avic. Here is a couple examples

post-23483-12872756569964_thumb.jpg

post-23483-12872756570363_thumb.jpg

Well yes,

Having read all the hack and mod threads I never came across anything referring to editing the AM/FM,DVD screens on NV Basic. It was all about changing the BMP files in the res files to change the backround or main menu icons. Wwhat I'm referring above is completely a different story.

But never mind. :?

Well yes,

Having read all the hack and mod threads I never came across anything referring to editing the AM/FM,DVD screens on NV Basic. It was all about changing the BMP files in the res files to change the backround or main menu icons. Wwhat I'm referring above is completely a different story.

Please don't give up on this. Your addition is appreciated by many. Don't let a couple of smart ass comments by someone discourage you. There seems to be a lot of that on this site.

Well yes,

Please don't give up on this. Your addition is appreciated by many. Don't let a couple of smart ass comments by someone discourage you. There seems to be a lot of that on this site.

thanks for saying this out here as i also discovered that my self.

remembering a discussion about the volume knob of the deck and then getting replies (NY high posts counts) if we were eating chicken (fat fingers) etc. also the famous blue bars in the navi screen with no route, getting answers like, who is using the navi screen without route etc.

strangely for both problems are good solutions these days...

Thank you very much for your encouraging words guys. All we're trying to do here is to find solutions so that everyone could benefit from them.

I'm also finding it interesting in this forum that lots of people read threads but do not help or comment.

Plese have a look at my other post and see whether there's anything you have yo offer to have solved my second quest.

Many thanks again:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20273

I was in no way trying to be mean or a smart ass, the way you worded your question sounded like you were asking about modifying the actual fm icons and such. So if anything i was trying to help out by pointing you in the right direction, so I guess SORRY for trying to HELP.

I didnt mean to be a smartass, you're point was just misunderstood, so bitman, aviator, please... :roll:

I thought you thought you just discovered the Image.res file when there's multiple threads showing modified interfaces, so I didn't understand what you were trying to say.

To answer your question, all the image files for any interface can be found in 1 of 4 folders in the image.res file. It may be a pain finding exactly which images you want to edit since a lot of them look similar, but rest assure they are there. That image above of the modified ipod screen is one of my modified interfaces, and it was in the Image.res file. There's also images in The 800_480.ui directory IIRC, and they are mainly for iGo-related images. Good luck hacking, remember to back everything up and I hope you find what you looking for.

And post results. :wink: