AVIC411.com

EU model

Hi

It worked for me ok I changed the version number = 1.000700 (you should check your map version).

and changed the Area to EW

Area: EW

IntegrationVersion: 01.000700

BaseContents: content_v142

lang: lang_data_download_080630

voice: voice_data_download_080707

Also I deleleted the contents of the lang and voice directories.

A question for you do you have problem with your unit losing the complete song list, I have a problem that occasionally I end up with only one song listed per directory.

Hi

It worked for me ok I changed the version number = 1.000700 (you should check your map version).

and changed the Area to EW

Area: EW

IntegrationVersion: 01.000700

BaseContents: content_v142

lang: lang_data_download_080630

voice: voice_data_download_080707

Also I deleleted the contents of the lang and voice directories.

A question for you do you have problem with your unit losing the complete song list, I have a problem that occasionally I end up with only one song listed per directory.

Can you explain me what you did? You converted the US model to EU model? Thanks.

Hey clarkie,

That's exactly what I've done with my UK device and that's where things went wrong. To cut short there was a blank screen problem which I solved and language settings were giving a fatal exception error until I went back to factory settings.

Now the only problem is the system freezes if I try to change the voice file in language settings. My solution could be with you actually.

Can I have two requests from you if I may.

1- Why did you decide to change the integration version value to 1.000070 in Mapdbinfo.txt file? Mine is still 1.00060. Could this be the reason to my problem? You said I must check the map but what do I have to look for. Could you explain?

2- If you have a backup could you send me the copy of the sys.txt file from your unit to compare.

Many thanks in advance.

Click the menu button

System Settings

Service Information

You will then see the Map Version mine is 1.000700

The other thing i did was to delete the files in the language and voice directories that way no files actually get copied there fore less problems should occur I hope.

Today I updated my systen to 2.001000 so I guess my sys.txt file is not what you want now.

@alien2000a, may be you should update your deck too as it changes lots of files what can solve your problem.

another thing is that if i make a mod i copy those mods on the internal disk and not in the data.zip file. so my data.zip file stays unmodified. if any thing happens i can easy delete those mod files. you will have to create all the folders as they were in the data.zip file of course.

Dear Bitman,

Thank you very much for the recommendations.

The only problem left in my system is in settings/language/ I can change the system language but when I try to change the voice language system freezes.

All my voice files and TTS files are in the Igo/content/voice directory so this should not cause any problem.

In order to be able to identify the problem I've been carying out some tests.

My findings so far are:

1- No matter what you write on the Mapdbinfo.txt as the integration version it will not change any setting. It is just there to show the number on the about screen. Made mine 1.0080 and I could event type 2.59874 but it wouldn't matter.

2- Changed the voice: voice_data_download_080320 line to voice_data_download_080306 to match my map but won't correct the problem.

3- I really have no idea what the basecontents: content_v142 line means. And I can't tell what theoriginal values for an eu mapdbinfo.txt file since it is overwritten with the testmode one on the first boot into test mode and there is no way to bring it back. And it is not available in the original pioneer firmware update files. Has someone tried to change the voice language in their units yet. Is it me only who realised this problem or is it really me who is actually having this problem?

3- Installed 2.00100 update. Won't correct the problem.

4- Cross checked my system.ini file with other users. They are the same.

5- I wonder if really my data.zip file is corrupt somehow. Could you upload it somehere so that I can go line by line with mine?

6- I'm suspecting that us testmode file has changed some settings somewhere which the unit can't tell whether it is a us or eu model. I've come across a nn749backup.bin in the My flashdisk\user\userdata folder. It is 0 bytes long but don't seem to have any other file of that name elsewhere. does anyone have this file in that folder?

Sorry for the long post but can't resolve this problem on my own.

Thanks for taking time to read and help.

i really don't inderstand what you did with your deck but if you read on this forum it was me and stephanie who found out how to get the test mode working on a non US deck. i also found out that you can delete those files from within the 2 folders on the testmode folders.

from day 1 i have had my deck in testmode to modify the deck without any problems.

i'm sorry about you problem but since i don't understand the problems you have with your deck i can't help you. may be others do.

Sorry if I put you away by asking so many questions but there are other users who have this problem. Whet I'm trying to do here is not only correct the one final problem which is a freeze on the voice selection and this will also help other users to get rid of this problem for good.

Deleting the voice files in my opinion was the cause to the problem at the first place saince the content: v142 command does something and the download_language and download_voice commands are written in the mapdbinfo.txt file for good without being abşle to download the voice files into the unit.

All I'm asking to know is whether you can enter the voice selevtion without a freeze and whether you know the default values for the EU version Mapdbinfo.txt file, that's all.