AVIC411.com

Bad news. Needs confirmation.

Having been wondering in various gps forums the latest news are not so bright. If it is correct then we need to take action to pioneer realise this and have alternative plans.

Words are:

1- Tomtom has acquired Teleatlas (this is official)

2- Nav N Go will not be producing maps for older versions of I-Go (v 8.00XX series that our devices are also using) They will from now on support 8.3.1 and 8.3.2 versions.

If this is the case Pioneer seriously needs to find a way to embed the newer version of iGo in the next firmware update otherwise we're doomed.

IN the press release they mentioned daily map updates. Now what a concept that is. In the internet world, why the hell do we have to wait a year to get map updates, for road changes that happened two years ago.

I swear road changes in my area that happened a long ass time ago still are not accuarte.

In regards to not giving map updates to older third party units, I don't believe that for a second. Talk about a pr nightmare, both for them and all the third party companies like pioneer etc.

Hi,

First, you should change your header to get more attention, this is really important news.

I doubt that nav implemented in our device will not get updated but we should keep our eyes open and ask Pioneer by writing, what will happen.

I haven’t bought my unit yet but you bet I’ll get an answer.

Thanks,

Charles

Wow, so I take it you are a moderator of this forum now? You say what comes and goes? I personally thought that was funny, and well, I was tempted to say something simiiliar.

No need to be a jerk, maybe you should get the f outta herre if you can't be nice? haha. Oh wait now im giving orders.

Wow, so I take it you are a moderator of this forum now? You say what comes and goes? I personally thought that was funny, and well, I was tempted to say something simiiliar.

No need to be a jerk, maybe you should get the f outta herre if you can't be nice? haha. Oh wait now im giving orders.

Yeah I pushed a bit hard on this one .... sorry Mubbly :oops: