AVIC411.com

need help bypassing 90bt

i'm an older user in the d3 forum but now i got the 90bt in the wife's mustang gt. i did my research first before posting so don't kill me.

i did the mod like in the other threads. i relocated the mute wire like illustated and ground the green wire. however it still doesn't work.

i also kept on looking for the software bypass but i can't seem to locate it. could you guys help me out? it seems as if the software bypass would be easier but i can't even find it on the net. on my wife's mustang its a hassel to get that panel off to do the wire bypass.

is the 90bt different to bypass them.

any help would be great!!!!

For software bypass boot your unit into test mode. Copy your date.zip to your SD card. Take your SD card to your computer and copy data.zip to your computer. Explore your data.zip and locate the folder project_config. Copy the pioneer.ini file to your computer and edit the parking_break_speed value to 256. Save the changes, copy the pioneer.ini file back to the project_config folder then recopy the data.zip to your SD card. Recopy the data.zip back to your unit and thats it.

thanks for the info! however i'm not sure how to boot it up into test mode and how to load it into my sd card! other than that, i will figure out how to do it on my computer. loading the new firmware onto the deck again is pretty easy cuz it will read automatically.

could you help a friend out?

Haha, maybe some things are best left to eh, not be done? Especially if you can't read the FAQ at the top of this forum. The softwre bypass sounds like a lot more work to me, especially if you already did the hardware, or thought you did it.

Let's explain waht your doing when you bypas your unit, your grounding the park break wire, and your grounding a pin in the a/v harness, which is the yellow wire, AFTER you move it to the proper pin. The pin is NOT the same as in the D3. Double, then triple check this is the case. Then double check your ground, make sure you either solder the ground wires or use actual wire taps or something similiar to make sure they are secure and won't slip off.

Also the biggest issue is, not having the wire in the harness, properly seated all the way. Also make sure the a/v plug is secure in the back of the unit as well. After you think the yellow wire is properly seated, give it a gentle tug, if its seated in the harness properly, it wont budge. It clips in.

ok i played around tody and removed the panel in the mustang. the wire did come out when the guy at the stereo place did it. he also grounded all the wire to a loose ground on the floor. i grounded all these using the black wire from the radio harness.

however the guy before me (local stereo shop) tried to super glue it and didn't go all the way in. now i can't even get it to go all the way in at all, no matter what i do.

i pulled out my cover on my king ranch f150 and that mute wired also came out on mine but the bypass still works.

is there something i could try to force that thing in that pin? it just won't go all the way in.

i guess if i can't get it to work, i'll just attempt the software bypass.

ok i played around tody and removed the panel in the mustang. the wire did come out when the guy at the stereo place did it. he also grounded all the wire to a loose ground on the floor. i grounded all these using the black wire from the radio harness.

however the guy before me (local stereo shop) tried to super glue it and didn't go all the way in. now i can't even get it to go all the way in at all, no matter what i do.

i pulled out my cover on my king ranch f150 and that mute wired also came out on mine but the bypass still works.

is there something i could try to force that thing in that pin? it just won't go all the way in.

i guess if i can't get it to work, i'll just attempt the software bypass.

Try a small amount of finger nail polish remover to loosen up the super glue (assuming you're a male, and have a wife or girl friend that uses this product).

You can find the info for test mode if you search. All useful info is on this site can be found can be found by using the search feature.

VBLUE, have you used the search feature here? Try searching for the question asked here (how to do the software bypass) and please post what you searched for that explains in some sort of plain english how to do it.

ok i am trying to boot in testmode and when i do it says copying files is in progressive and has less than one minute left. after that, the middle of the screen turns green. everything else i touch will turn green besides the start button.

how can i copy date.zip to my sd card from there?

• 1 month later...