AVIC411.com

Video issues with F700BT

I have an F700BT, ipod video (5G) and an iphone (1G). When I play a video from the ipod the picture appears stretched out. When I play the same video on the iphone the picture appears perfect. I've tried changing the widescreen settings on the unit and the ipod with no change (picture is stretched with widescreen on and off). The ipod is on the compatibility list for the F700BT. I used videora to convert several videos (avi/dvd) to mp4, all with the same issue. Anyone have a fix for this issue?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I was able to get hold of a new iPod Classic (120GB) and put a movie on it. It plays correctly on the 700BT (not stretched). That same movie was stretched out while using my Ipod Video 5G. I'm assuming that it is due to newer software on the newer iPods. Can anyone confirm this?

I have an Ipod classic 160GB and I had a similar issue. Basically I had to be sure the Avic setting was correct. But on the Ipod I had to be sure that "TV Screen" was set to "Widescreen" and "Fit to Screen" was set to off. The "Fit to Screen" was what was streching the video for me.

Hope that helps,

Dave