AVIC411.com

I have an iphone 3g and when I plug it into my avic-f700bt, i get the message on my phone saying that the accessory is not made for my iphone. I am using the Apple Ipod composite cable and the avic will control the music and all that but I am just concerned about the message. Does anyone else get this message?

I get this message as well. I believe it is harmless.

The iPhone will still charge properly, but sometimes you may hear this weird buzzing on your radio (caused by the GSM signal in the phone). Newer accessories (made specially for the 3G) have some sort of shielding in order to reduce interference from the cell signal.

I have no idea what it means, to be made to work with the iphone, my guess it has more to do with interference then anything else. Taht's why it asks immediately, do you want to put it in airplane mode, completely turning off all radio's. wifi, 3g, bluetooth and edge. That way you don't get all those electronic pop's hiss's and beeps when your phone is communicating with the network.

As far as does everyone get it, yes. Pushing yes, turns off all radios, pushing no just removes the message, do nothing it goes away on its own.

My iphone 3g charges, works fine with bluetooth, works fine iwth ipod control and video, so that message pretty much is a bug as far as im concerned.

• 2 months later...