AVIC411.com

f500bt stealth install questions subaru impreza 2008

Hello everybody. This site is super helpful, you have answered all the initial questions I had about the pioneer f-series, as a result, I'm waiting to take delivery.

I really like the install that was written up by wyatterp777 for his mazda 3

...but I ended up buying a 2008 Subaru Impreza. My goal is to have an install that is

stealthed like texaselement

AND still removable (the gf gets lost all the time in her car).

This link that will show you what my interior looks like.

I am alright with having to remove the stock 6 disc changer because doesnt sound too great and i only use an ipod through AUX. This would leave a Double DIN sized hole to fill.... with a 500bt?!

There is also a pocket under the cigarette lighter, but I don't think I'd want to mount this where I would always be looking down and awayfrom the road.

Found another guy on the Nissan Infinity forums that did a roof install...its pretty sick,

but im not sure if visibility would be poor.

So what I'm thinking, it would be rad to have the 500bt in my stock double DINhole, set about 1/8"back with a janky faceplate to cover it. With what you know about mounting the unit, can you offer any advice or watchouts? I could then just mount an ipod behind the pioneer and leave everything in there--totally sneaky!!

The only other question....Id like to have 2 cameras running into 1 a/v port. 1 forward+ 1rear camera that can be monitored while driving. I can fabricate a simple a/v toggle switch that will let me leave them both on AV input 1. This would leave AVinput2 open for anything else.

I'm super excited about this. thanks

The only other question....Id like to have 2 cameras running into 1 a/v port. 1 forward+ 1rear camera that can be monitored while driving. I can fabricate a simple a/v toggle switch that will let me leave them both on AV input 1. This would leave AVinput2 open for anything else.

assuming that the F500 doesn't have a backup camera input (I thought it did) then your toggle switch will be sufficient; DPDT or DPST toggle switches will work, don't use SPDT or SPST unless you want to chance grounding issues

thanks terron, ill have to order some new switches. i only have a pile of used SPST's. sorry my questions are kinda general and noobish- i have no idea what kind of connections i will need to make or mounts to fabricate, the unit wont arrive for another 5 days :(

does anyone know if there is a way to get that cradle to mount into a double din? pics of the space and wiring that i am going to be working with

[/url]

via pioneer website:

Connecting 2 cameras to the navigation system is possible, however there are some restrictions.

One camera can be used as a dead angle camera, like for trucks, busses or camper vans.

In this case the dead angle camera is connected to the REAR VIEW CAMERA INPUT. This means that priority is given to this camera, and that the reverse signal input and the positive wire (+) of the camera are to be connected to the +15 of the right indicator. So when the indicator is activated, the camera is powered ON and the rear view is activated on the display.

There is only one minor issue. Since the reverse signal input is activated, the computer thinks you are driving backwards and so the arrow on the Map is moving backwards. This will result in wrong positioning on the map for a very short period, until the positioning is corrected by the system.

Note: In some cases, like with can-bus systems, it might be necessary to install a relay as the +15 (positive wire) is then not available.

The second camera can be connected to the video input.

To see the image from the camera, the AV button should be pressed.

In this case the power line of the camera should be switched with the contact (+15).

via pioneer website:

Connecting 2 cameras to the navigation system is possible, however there are some restrictions.

One camera can be used as a dead angle camera, like for trucks, busses or camper vans.

In this case the dead angle camera is connected to the REAR VIEW CAMERA INPUT. This means that priority is given to this camera, and that the reverse signal input and the positive wire (+) of the camera are to be connected to the +15 of the right indicator. So when the indicator is activated, the camera is powered ON and the rear view is activated on the display.

There is only one minor issue. Since the reverse signal input is activated, the computer thinks you are driving backwards and so the arrow on the Map is moving backwards. This will result in wrong positioning on the map for a very short period, until the positioning is corrected by the system.

Note: In some cases, like with can-bus systems, it might be necessary to install a relay as the +15 (positive wire) is then not available.

The second camera can be connected to the video input.

To see the image from the camera, the AV button should be pressed.

In this case the power line of the camera should be switched with the contact (+15).

With the F700 (assuming the 500 is the same) you can tap "rearview" in the A/V source screen and go to that camera even when you're doing 55 down the highway.. no need to meddle with any relays