AVIC411.com

F700bt NO SOUND!!!!!HELP!!!

I recieved the 700bt for christmas today. I installed it and yes i connected all the wires correctly and had help from friends that works at audio places and we cant seem to figure out why there is absouletly no sound coming for the unit.

Everything else works fine as we can tell like the radio,cd, and gps. There is just no sound!! Another thing is on the settings i cant select the system settings or navigation settings cause its not lighting up like its not available to choose. Followed the installation instructions the whole time.

HELP!

I recieved the 700bt for christmas today. I installed it and yes i connected all the wires correctly and had help from friends that works at audio places and we cant seem to figure out why there is absouletly no sound coming for the unit.

Everything else works fine as we can tell like the radio,cd, and gps. There is just no sound!! Another thing is on the settings i cant select the system settings or navigation settings cause its not lighting up like its not available to choose. Followed the installation instructions the whole time.

HELP!

First off, you didn't hook up and set the parking brake. Setting the parking brake will allow you to plan your route and change the settings of the unit. As an alternative, you can perform the hardware bypass; see the "Hacks" subforum or do a search for the instructions; relatively simple stuff.

Final item; no sound. This is going to be car specific... so start off by telling us what make and model of car you have, what premium stereo options you had, etc. Also tell us if you used a factory wiring harnass, pre-amp or speaker outs. I suspect that you have botched the wiring for your vehicles factory amp remote turn-on wire; won't know without more information.

Don't be overly offended by my curt reply; just bringing you back down to Earth. You might want to let your car audio installer buddies know that they apparently don't know anything about navigation units since they never thought about the parking brake ;)

Theres nothing wrong with the gps if thats what your saying. The parking brake is hooked up but i dont know what you mean by setting it up.

I have a 2006 Acura Rsx Type S. It came with a bose 6disc cdchanger(premium system). I have a wiring harness so i dont have to splice into my factory harness. I tried to think of everypossible way to find out wats wrong.

I tried resetting the unit and holding it for 5sec but no luck. Can the unit itself be defective cause its weird as to why i cant select the system settings...just another problem im dealing with lol. Can I download the new 2.0 firmware(even though it has it already) and will it work like a system restore or something? THanks for responding back and more help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Theres nothing wrong with the gps if thats what your saying. The parking brake is hooked up but i dont know what you mean by setting it up.

I have a 2006 Acura Rsx Type S. It came with a bose 6disc cdchanger(premium system). I have a wiring harness so i dont have to splice into my factory harness. I tried to think of everypossible way to find out wats wrong.

I tried resetting the unit and holding it for 5sec but no luck. Can the unit itself be defective cause its weird as to why i cant select the system settings...just another problem im dealing with lol. Can I download the new 2.0 firmware(even though it has it already) and will it work like a system restore or something? THanks for responding back and more help or info would be greatly appreciated.

no, I wasn't suggesting the GPS is defective.

by "setting" the parking brake, I mean that the actual physical parking brake handle or pedel has to be engaged.

Its possible but unlikely the unit is at fault, its most likely an error in the wiring. I know you may think its not, but you have to consider the possibility; either that or exchange the unit tomorrow (or mail it back to Pioneer, whichever) and deal with the problem when you get the exchanged unit.

Don't worry about the 2.0 firmware, your unit most likely has it; check the box for a orange dot or a blue dot. blue dot indicates 1.7, orange is 2.0

just did some random searching.. check your factory harnass (the one that you didn't splice into) for a red/yellow wire, it might be the factory amp turn-on wire.. make sure its hooked up!

I'm pretty sure thats the problem.. that you have a factory amp and it needs +12v when the F900 is on in order to amp the speakers

Hey I have a similar problem to you. Just installed a AVIC-F700BT and using a aftermarket harness/adaptor. All the color codes matched up fine, ran accessory wire from deck directly to acc on ignition as per information gathered, also did hardware bypass.

My sirius is detected, voice recognition works, etc...but NO SOUND!

In AV setting cannot select mute...

WONDERING HOW YOU FIXED YOUR PROBLEM?

• 1 month later...

Me too....I have the F700BT and installed in my Envoy and sound only comes out the front. Do you think this is the same issue? It's weird because my aftermarket stereo hareness had the rca plugs which I plugged into the ones that came with the stereo and the sound would only come out the front speakers. Then someone told me to get the adaptors that you hook up the speaker wires to this new piece and then plug in the RCA's to this adaptor...Basically how do I fix this issue? The sound is only coming out the front and as you turn up the volume, it goes in and out...HELP!!! Thanks!!