AVIC411.com

F700BT and USB movies

My friend installed and bypassed my unit so I'm able to be driving around while messing with my navigation or watch movies through my iPod (not sure if that's because of the bypass). However, when I put a .mp4 movie on my 2.0gb SanDisk Cruzer drive, my unit tells me to get in to park, etc.etc. and the OK button is not clickable! More strange is when I remove the usb stick my unit will show the interface for watching a movie then move back to the AV Source starting area.

So.. what am I doing wrong, if anything? I'm going to try and use my SD card for this but I've read that there is lag when using the SD card.

Oh yes I can do all that while driving. :) Which is why this confuses me. :?

hrm

So you're bypassed but Videos won't play

Did you do the hardware bypass or software bypass? I'm guessing maybe the hardware bypass and just maybe the pin isn't seated firmly. Go re-check your bypass to make sure your moved the mute pin to the right slot. Let us know

It was a hardware bypass and it is in there securely. This only happens on the USB stick, not sure about the SD card yet though.

Are there some specifics I have to do on the USB stick itself in regards to movie files and music? I've checked the manual and its very vague about USB stick use and if you need to do anything on the sticks before plugging it in to the unit.

It was a hardware bypass and it is in there securely. This only happens on the USB stick, not sure about the SD card yet though.

Are there some specifics I have to do on the USB stick itself in regards to movie files and music? I've checked the manual and its very vague about USB stick use and if you need to do anything on the sticks before plugging it in to the unit.

not much to it, just needs to be in DivX format

My SD card works in the SD slot.

I made two different folders on my USB stick (Music and Movies), it saw the Music folder but then froze up. I'm guessing it has something to do with the actual movie I had on there. :? Going to try again with just the Music and see if that works.

.MP4's should work on the USB/SD but it doesn't like my USB stick and my SD card isn't big enough for a movie.

[edit]

Music and a single WMV file work however there is serious lag with the USB stick. I can't even get anything to work properly without having to unplug and replug the USB stick. :evil:

[edit2]

Apparently even removing the USB stick does nothing, it just hangs my unit up. What the heck is with that. :? Have to turn my car off completely then put it to ACC or ON again to get the unit to restart. :evil:

My SD card works in the SD slot.

I made two different folders on my USB stick (Music and Movies), it saw the Music folder but then froze up. I'm guessing it has something to do with the actual movie I had on there. :? Going to try again with just the Music and see if that works.

.MP4's should work on the USB/SD but it doesn't like my USB stick and my SD card isn't big enough for a movie.

[edit]

Music and a single WMV file work however there is serious lag with the USB stick. I can't even get anything to work properly without having to unplug and replug the USB stick. :evil:

[edit2]

Apparently even removing the USB stick does nothing, it just hangs my unit up. What the heck is with that. :? Have to turn my car off completely then put it to ACC or ON again to get the unit to restart. :evil:

I know several users said their USB isnt working very well unless they plug it in AFTER the unit is fully booted.. have you tried that and does it work any better?

• 2 weeks later...

My USB stick doesn't work even it I put it in after the full boot.

It Does work in windows ce.

I did a fresh format on it and it Loaded and played songs, but slowed my system to a crawl... then froze it all up.

I reformatted a couple more times and now not working again.

Memory stick is a 4gb cruizer.

I have read in another post that someone suspected that usb drive corrupted their system... I am thinking about not using one, but I am the curious type and It is killing me to not at least try to make it work.