AVIC411.com

Adding a Zune to Z Series: How To Needed!

i only have an 8gb zune and cant find the video out setting. :/

If it's the same as my 80 gb for optons (I don't know) go to Settings/Display/TvOut: on/off

I checked the zune site and it says the 8 gb has an a/v output so it's gotta be in there somewhere. That help?

there is no option that i see. :?

I was talkin to a guy I work with and he has the 4 gb and he says it still has the tv out option. It just isn't available unless you have the dock hooked up. I'm sure it's still a feature with those, but for confirmation I would take a quick look at your manual or give Microsoft a call and verify. Hope this helps

hm okay...ill hook it up to the dock and see what i can figure out. i'll keep ya posted. I currently have the zune running through my glovebox on the dock cable to the Z...it is long enough to go around to my center console so i'm okay as far as that goes...just no charger/remote. meh

hm i couldnt find anything anywhere...and this review says that the 4/8 do not have the ability.

http://www.zunerama.com/zune-8-review.php

ill try to hook the zune up to the z today and see what i can come up with, if anything. does your friend have zune 3.1 update? maybe there is a hardware update in there or something.

Ahhhh, that's poop. Yea, I suppose that may be right. You can still use the dock for music but for movies I donno buddy. I hate to say it but I don't think you will be able to do it with all the stuff you currently have. If you went and bought all the docking stuff for no reason because of what I have said on the forum I apologize. Is the 80 gb an option? They aren't bad prices on Ebay last I checked. Still much better to have I think than the iPod, but that's just my opinion. Anyhow, 2 more days of this base exercise... Until then I have an early bed time. Let me know what ya think