AVIC411.com

PLEASE HELP! MY NAVIGATION SUCKS!

I just got my z1 installed on last friday, so naturally over the weekend I wanted to test it out. For the most part it was perfectly on point, BUT I was trying to go to my grandmothers house yesterday in Queens and the Z1 sent me everywhere but where I was trying to go. :x First it kept telling me that the address didn't exist even though she has been living there for the last 40 years, and second it wouldn't let me search by cross street or intersection. Anybody who knows how to help, PLEEEEEEEEEASE help me out, I spent a lot of money on this thing and I feel like I'm getting ripped off. I guess my main question is how to search using a cross street if at all possible and if not, what else could be done.
I don't think you can do cross streets. But I haven't seen the nav be that bad. It's only as good as the map in it. My old house was in all the national databases at the wrong end of the street, so I had to "tweak" my address for my house so that when I went home it said I was "home" not a mile away. But that was the databases fault, not the nav system.
I hear what your saying, but really you are going to run into address that may or may not work. I have used it all over TX and its been about 98% accurate.. just so you know there is not a perfect system out there.. My wife and ACURA and it has a new Nav Sys and its not 100% either... I still say Z1 is the best.... I love it..
try setting gramas as a way point or favorite... it will most likely learn your routing etc and be much more accurate.

Also from my short use w/ Z1 its not as accurate as I would like when arraving at destinations.

Ex: Z1 says you have arrived destination a head. I know with the hertz rental (i think are nav tec) actually say, your desination is on the left or right when arriving... I liked that cuz some times your left wondering not knowing which direction to look.
Hi jay0heavenly,

When inputting an address into your AVIC for a Queens address, take out the "dash" in the street address, and the town name has to be typed in as QUEENS. (If her address is 98-24 Northern Blvd Corona NY, you would input it as 9824 Northern Blvd Queens NY).

Let me know if this works for you
I'm glad it worked Jay. Sucks that our addresses have a dash in them and no computer or website or software I know recognizes it with the dash

I have the P5700TV and the reception in Queens is really really good. If you travel into Long island (where I work) the signal fades alot. I do recommend the 5700 but it is way expensive. I am still looking for another one for another car, hopefully used that someone is selling cheap ;)