AVIC411.com

Cadillac Escalade 2004 Stock CD Changer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the F series doesn't support any CD or DVD changer, be it their brand or otherwise.

actually you can connect a pioneer cd changer or the older dvd changer from pioneer as well

It works thru the IP bus

Ie the blue plug in back of the F series

wrong

the F series will not accept any DVD or CD changer

the F series doesn't support any CD or DVD changer, be it their brand or otherwise.

actually you can connect a pioneer cd changer or the older dvd changer from pioneer as well

It works thru the IP bus

wrong

from pioneers website

How do I connect the XDV-P6 to the AVIC-D3?

Follow the steps below when connecting an XDV-P6 to an AVIC-D3:

Connection;

1. Connect the IP-BUS and Composite video cable to the output of the XDV-P6 to the input of the AVIC-D3.

2. Set the dip switch of the XDV-P6 to IP-Bus mode.

Setup;

1. Press the Menu button.

2. Press the System icon.

3. Press the AV1 icon repeatedly until it shows EXT.

4. Press the AV Source icon on the top left corner.

5. Press the EXT-1 icon, not AV-1.

6. Select the disc you wish to watch from the list of titles shown, determined by how many

Cd changer is the same and the setup is the same from the d3 instructions.

BTW I have done this already so i know it works and also since there is a IP bus on the back of the f series It is compatible,Ive unstalled a cd IB100II to a f series and it worked because i needed the extra audio inputs normaly used for ipod.

Be sure when you say WRONG to a post it is wrong.Pioneer says it wont work but sure enough i plug the thing in and it does work.Does it work well?No its a crappy setup with no real display but it will work

It works thru the IP bus

wrong

from pioneers website

How do I connect the XDV-P6 to the AVIC-D3?

Follow the steps below when connecting an XDV-P6 to an AVIC-D3:

Connection;

1. Connect the IP-BUS and Composite video cable to the output of the XDV-P6 to the input of the AVIC-D3.

2. Set the dip switch of the XDV-P6 to IP-Bus mode.

Setup;

1. Press the Menu button.

2. Press the System icon.

3. Press the AV1 icon repeatedly until it shows EXT.

4. Press the AV Source icon on the top left corner.

5. Press the EXT-1 icon, not AV-1.

6. Select the disc you wish to watch from the list of titles shown, determined by how many

Cd changer is the same and the setup is the same from the d3 instructions.

BTW I have done this already so i know it works and also since there is a IP bus on the back of the f series It is compatible,Ive unstalled a cd IB100II to a f series and it worked because i needed the extra audio inputs normaly used for ipod.

Be sure when you say WRONG to a post it is wrong.Pioneer says it wont work but sure enough i plug the thing in and it does work.Does it work well?No its a crappy setup with no real display but it will work

You better read a little closer, he's not connecting to a D3, he's asking about the F900. The F series doesn't work with a CD or DVD changer.

It works thru the IP bus

wrong

blah blah blah

You better read a little closer, he's not connecting to a D3, he's asking about the F900. The F series doesn't work with a CD or DVD changer.

tyvm

ok when i get my customer with his f900 and a 12 disc pioneer back in ill take pictures and post up here

He'll be pretty disappointed to find out that the F series will NOT support a CD or DVD changer. This isn't a debate, its a fact. Sure, there is an IPBus that has lots of neat options, but the changers that the D series supports DO NOT work on the F series. You probably better call that customer and let him know you made a mistake.

what mistake?Its in his car and working

Why call someone to tell them something wont work when its already Installed and working with a F series?

Pioneer says a cdIb100II wont work with the F series either and i have installed that combination 2 times already.

As i previously stated I didnt like the way the Ib100 worked with the F series but i needed to use it because my customer Needed Ipod And 2 Av inputs In his install,So yes does it work YES,Did it work as I would like it?NO,Do you hit ipod and it come on ?NO do you hit EXT 1 and it work YES.Does pioneer even Acknowlege it work?NO.

But Its there IT WORKS and i can prove it.So who is right?They or what i have IN MY HAND?

So dont always take it as gospel if someone says it cant be done,Im always of a open mind and try things and at times find out when people say you cant its because they didnt TRY

I work on cars that people say things are impossible to do and time and time again ive done it,Heck my work has been on TV and at sema and various car shows all over the USA and people keep asking me,How did you do it?And my respose is,I just tried and it worked.

Terron have you even TRIED to install the cd changer with a F series?.

Or did you just call pioneer and take there word for it?

Did you even try to use the D series setup on a F series for a Older DVD changer???

Ide bet on no..

Again its not a contest about whos right or wrong,I know what i know and have done it already so i dont have any worries in recomending someone try it as well.

Terron have you even TRIED to install the cd changer with a F series?.

Or did you just call pioneer and take there word for it?

Did you even try to use the D series setup on a F series for a Older DVD changer???

Ide bet on no..

you'd be betting wrong

I bought the cdx p680 when I bought my F700 so my wife wouldn't have to hassle with changing out CDs while she is enroute. Didn't work. Exchanged the unit thinking it was faulty.. didn't work. I even went so far as to put the replacement changer in a friends car with a D3 and to my surprise, it worked. Pioneer confirmed on the phone that the F series don't support CD changers after I got done scratching my head.

Your turn

not a problem ill post up pics of the install this week along with pics and perhaps video of the cd Ib100 working on a f series as well just to dispell the notion.because the cd I100II does show up as EXT 1 on the f series and so does the cd changer

not a problem ill post up pics of the install this week along with pics and perhaps video of the cd Ib100 working on a f series as well just to dispell the notion.because the cd I100II does show up as EXT 1 on the f series and so does the cd changer

Not to sound curt, but I don't care if you got an IPBus iPod interface working.

I'll be waiting for the video of the CD changer interface ;)

When I pulled out my D3 and put in my F90, I plugged in the Pioneer CDX-680 six disk changer that I was using with my D3 via the IP bus, and guess what, it didn't work with the F90. After double checking all the connections I called Pioneer and they told me the F series doesn't support a CD or DVD changer. So I'm afraid I have to rely on my own experiance and Pioneer's knowlage of their own products in this case. Oh, and the weeks almost over and we still haven't seen the pics.