AVIC411.com

Cadillac Escalade 2004 Stock CD Changer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well If you say what you did is correct I'll be purchasing a pioneer cd changer real soon. You know what they say the proof is in the pudding, lets see the setup with pics or video..and thanks alot for all the replys. Great knowledge on this board

make sure you can return it and keep that receipt handy. There are other posts on this forum from people whom upgraded using the CDX 12 and 6 CD changers, none of which got their changers working with the F series.

Guest nsiddons@hotmail.com

I had the d3 with a cdx-p1280 worked great the wife got me the f90bt for Christmas now the cd changer doesnt work so it is a fact the cd changer doesn't work on f90bt or the f900bt which my friend has and we tried and failed

I've got the same issue with my F90 and a p686 changer. Pioneer says it won't but the F90 specifically states that the ext1 and 2 are there for future products, there for they're capable of handleing sound and Data just like the XM and sirius units. I think its just a matter of finding out how to make it work. Just cause pioneer didn't intend you to do something doesn't mean it can't be done

I've got the same issue with my F90 and a p686 changer. Pioneer says it won't but the F90 specifically states that the ext1 and 2 are there for future products, there for they're capable of handleing sound and Data just like the XM and sirius units. I think its just a matter of finding out how to make it work. Just cause pioneer didn't intend you to do something doesn't mean it can't be done

Thats not the issue in this thread; the issue is that no one has figured it out yet and the installer who keeps posting on and on says he's done it while lots of others even outside of this thread have confirmed it doesn't work.

I have no doubt that someone could figure out how to talk to the CD changer and make an interface for it; the hard part (IPBus) is done, just needs a software front end.

Thats not the issue in this thread; the issue is that no one has figured it out yet and the installer who keeps posting on and on says he's done it while lots of others even outside of this thread have confirmed it doesn't work.

I have no doubt that someone could figure out how to talk to the CD changer and make an interface for it; the hard part (IPBus) is done, just needs a software front end.

I do think its the software on the f units many be an update can fix that or maybe pioneer will release a new line of cd and/or dvd changers

I really wish they would do something to make it work, I miss my CD changer. Sure, I have an iPod, but I also have 700+ CD's and I sure don't want to have to try to put all those on my iPod, besides that I don't think it would hold them all. Maybe if we all complain enough Pioneer will do something about it. Oh, and we're still waiting for those pictures !!!!!!

I really wish they would do something to make it work, I miss my CD changer. Sure, I have an iPod, but I also have 700+ CD's and I sure don't want to have to try to put all those on my iPod, besides that I don't think it would hold them all. Maybe if we all complain enough Pioneer will do something about it. Oh, and we're still waiting for those pictures !!!!!!

I have tons of cds as well. I did call Pioneer. And lets face the fact that this guy has no pictures, he went and tried to install it and found out he was wrong. I also thought it would work. I told my wife that Pioneer was wrong, but then had to tell her i was wrong

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...