AVIC411.com

Quick ipod question

Hey everyone,

before you say to tell me to search i have searched for roughly 45 minutes and came up blank. When the ipod is connected it should be charging the ipod no? I noticed that the ipod does not charge and also when i plug in a usb stick it does not load. could this be a problem that there is no voltage there?The memory stick is formated in fat so i wouldnt understand why it wouldnt work.

any input would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Mz_3

There may be a problem with the USB portion of your cable or connection. It is my understanding that the USB portion of the cable provides the power to charge your IPOD. If this is faulty it would describe why you are not getting your IPOD to charge and why your USB isn't working in general.

when it reads on the screen of the ipod "no power remains please connect power source" ipod then dies then the screen on the ipod states "please wait charging. It charges until the ipod has enough power to play about 20 seconds of a song and then it cuts out again because the battery is (pooched) drained. Before the update was applied it always charged the ipod completely and kept it charged. But still doesnt explain why my usb wont work

Hmm. I've only tried my F-series with an IPhone and it charges whenever it's plugged in. I also plugged in my ipod classic (very old black and white screen) and even though it didn't work (unit said ipod was too old) it still charged it. I've ordered an ipod video but I haven't received it yet to tell you how it acts. What model ipod are you using?

I have a ipod video and if i charge the battery via house charger it charges no problem and it holds a charge just when i plug it in to the car it does nothing. I will try getting another cable this time the real pioneer cable. When i got the unit the only thing available was the apple cables. same thing just opposed to being black it was white haha. If that doesnt work i may have to bring her in :(

Thanks for all of the input

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I just got the f700bt and I have the same charging problem. I have the Pioneer cable and I tried the USB stick and it works, I can play music through it.

The iPod worked fine until the battery drained. Now it plays for 10 seconds and then it turns off.. charges for few minutes and then it turns on for 10 seconds, and the process repeats…

Mazda, have you figured out what this was?

Much appreciated.

Update: I have 2.0 firmware... and iPod works fine otherwise... thanks.

• 4 months later...