AVIC411.com

D3 Nav Arrow problem, may be quick fix

Ok heres my problem, i recently installed my D3, everything works, nav works, except i constantly have to "modify current location" not because the aarow is in the incorrect location, but because it is pointing in wrong direction. I can move the aarow in the correct location, and usually within a few miles it will start to be pointing off to the side a bit, and eventually will be pointing enough in the wrong direction that the unit doesnt recognize were i am. This may be an easy fix for some of you, but i dont know whats causing it, didnt know if theres a software update for the D3 or something but im confused, any help appreciated.

My D3 was the same way, cleared and re-learned still same issue. My Nav antenna wasn't facing straight and the direction it was facing is the same the arrow would point. Faced it straight and now the arrow is correct. I don't know if this is normal but this is what happened with mine for some reason

• 2 months later...