AVIC411.com

4th generation Ipod Nano doesn't charge in D3

I decided to buy an new IPod Nano simply for the lager capacity. Previously I was using a 4 GB 2nd Gen Nano which worked great. This time I ended up buying a 4th Gen 16 GB Nano and I noticed that it doesn't charge in the D3 like the 2 generation one did. This is kind of a drawback because now I have to take it out and charge it where as before I would always leave the IPod in the car and it was always charged.

Anyone know if there is a way to charge it with the D3?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Scosche IFWA passPORT Charging Adapter

Description:

- Charging adapter for the iPod nano (Gen 4), iPod touch (Gen 2) and iPhone 3G

- Allows car integration accessories that do not support charging to work with the iPhone 3G and recently released iPod models

- Pass through port allows for easy plug-and-play installation

Compatible with: Several aftermarket head-units as well as Acura, Audi, Aston Martin, Bentley, BMW, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ferrari, Ford, Honda, Hummer, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Jeep, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Mercury, Mini Cooper, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Pontiac, Porsche, Rolls Royce, Saab, Saturn, Scion, Suzuki, Toyota, Volvo and VW.

(not compatible with select Pioneer head-units that use the CD-iB100 or CD-i200 iPod to IP-Bus adapter. Call Scosche technical support for details (800) 363-4490x3)

note: the passPORT is specifically designed to fix the charging error associated with several iPod and iPhone accessories. If the accessory you are intending to use does not initially support the audio or video functionality of the iPod or iPhone , the passPORT will not enable these features.

Now it does say select units...it doesnt specifically mention the D3. Theres an 800 number to call tech support.

Here is a users quote from the Apple Store:

This adapter does NOT work with the Pioneer AVIC-D3 and the iPhone 3g. Music still plays, but it will not charge. (By the way, music still plays without the adapter.)

Written by PJ from Menlo Park

Dec 9, 2008

(15 of 16 people found this review useful)

Now he was using an iPhone, but based on this evidence I'd say it wont work.