AVIC411.com

F900 killing my cellphone?

Seriously!

I bought 2 F900 stereos from the same place...one for my car, one for the girlfriends car...both were upgraded to the new 2.0 before install from factory rep....both were installed with the hardwire bypass...both were installed by the same installer.

My stereo works great with my cellphone via bluetooth...no issues whatsoever.

My girlfriends stereo keeps screwing up her first cellphone.... when the phone was near the stereo via bluetooth, it would turn the phone on and off. The phone did work correctly for about two days prior to this.

She got a second new identical cellphone a few days later and it did the same thing....only when the phone was connected to bluetooth.

She now has a new different cellphone. It has been working fine for about 3 or 4 days.

Here's the problem....now the stereo doesn't recognise the cellphone but the cellphone sees the stereo.

Is there something going on here that I don't know about? Why would the phone keep doing this? Is there something we can do to permanently fix this?

Thanks!

Robert

I had the same problem, but only for a day or two. My phone worked fine for about three months including the update. One day it just stopped. My phone caught the radio but the radio didn't catch the phone. I had to delete both from each other and reconnect all over again. It has been working fine since. Good Luck

Yeah I found it weird that the phone would all of the sudden start turning on and off cause of the bluetooth....

But here's the update!

The new phone is working again....

She erased the bluetooth connection from both the stereo and phone and then reinstalled it.

Seems to be working again for now :D