AVIC411.com

Telephone Book Lockout

i saw a couple of topics about issues with the telephone book and i want to add my own observations and see if anyone has some input.

I installed a z1 with the bluetooth adapter in a 2000 tundra. the z1 was dated May 06 and the dimmer bypass works perfectly. However when you try to access the phonebook through voice command it either says that the option is not currently available or just boots me out of the voice command menu all together.

after being kicked out of the voice command menu the bypass has also been reset and dvd's can no longer be viewed until the vehicle has been restarted.

i played around with the brake wire and with it regrounded i can now access the phonebook menu... until the vehicle is in motion and then the gyroscope once again locks out the phonebook.

it seems to me that when you try to access the telephonebook, which is normaly grayed out when the vehicle is in motion and not bypassed, the z1 software checks to see if the brake is on and the vehicle is stopped and when it sees that it is not, it goes into lockout and renders the bypass useless. which makes sense seeing that the bypass is only activated during startup.

any thoughts or fixes for this bug?
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="SlickSTi"]Your AVIC-Z1's voice commands work with the Bluetooth module installed? After I installed mine my voice nav button disappeared. I thought it was just because they didn't want it to conflict.[/quote]

Yep they do, the voice button will disappear if you pull out the mic from the back. That happens a lot, go take the Z1 out and plug that back in and the button will come back.

Can you make a phone call with your phone, and can people hear you? If so then your mic plug might not be all the way in.