AVIC411.com

F700 BT Toyota 4Runner 2003 Ltd (Non-JBL) Install + SWI-PS

Just wanted to post a final followup that the installation is completed.

Pictures to follow....

Some things I learned about my vehicle that might help others here...

Not all 4Runner Limiteds have JBL audio, depends how they are ordered and usually they do, but mine did not.

The PAC SWI-PS works perfectly in my car. In fact I didn't have to tap or cut a wire for this entire installation I made my own harness for the SWI-PS by desoldering the female connector off the old radio and soldering the wires to the pins then encasing them in epoxy. Took longer, but its nice to know I can literally unplug everything if I ever need to.

I personally think that the 700BT is a great unit, I paid $380 for a new unit from ebay with a coupon and then $75 for the PAC and $40 for the iPode video hookup cable.

The antenna was installed under my dash which wasnt where I really wanted it but it works fine, and gets excellent reception, I did put the metal sheet under it.

I used the Metra dash install kit for non-jbl which works fine and looks good.

More info and pics to follow...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yup, interested in the metra kit photos. Over this past weeken (1/24/09) I installed my 700BT... after I put the whole dash back together, I saw the gaps the new stereo left. No good. I just ordered the metra kit last night hoping it would work. Also, I'm having terrible FM reception... did you splice into the other diversity antenna? Does the 4runner use a boost that I need to connect to?

Thanks