AVIC411.com

Motion Bypass question

I had my unit installed in my 03 ML350: looks and runs great!

I am still a little confused about the motion bypass hack...
Brake wire is not connected, ILL is connected (screen dims when I turn on the lights).
Whenever I start the car, it seems that as long as I dont drive, I can access all features (POI, DVD...) even w/o flashing the lights upon bootup.
When I start driving, I get the Warning message and those features are disabled. Whenever I stop at a stop sign/traffic light, they become available again...So it looks like the motion detector of the AVIC does its job...
My question is why can I use those features w/o flashing the lights?
According to DucatiBoy, one can check if unit has been bypassed w/o even starting the engine and looking if POI is greyed out or not...but for me, it is always available as long as I am not driving...

Thanks for the help!
I guess it might be that my brake wire has actually been grounded (I thought this install shop did not connect it at all, but maybe i'm wrong...).

If that's the case, I just need to reset the unit once I get the Parking Brake warning and then do the manual flashing every time I start the car (or get Ducatiboy circuit), is that correct?