AVIC411.com

has anybody tried a usb dvd on a f700bt?

I did a search for this but didnt come out with anything. Just wondering because I was considering it. I gotten a f700bt because it was a deal that i couldnt pass up (circuit city colseout) and they didnt have any other model T_T.

So I was thinking of using a usb dvd player if its possible... anybody have any experience on this?

Almost certainly there won't be a driver for any DVD drive, let alone whatever you have, in the Pioneer version of Windows CE. Normal windows comes with bunches of built-in USB drivers. CE only comes with USB drivers for mice, keyboards, and memory sticks. Anything else (like an iPod) has to be specifically added to each custom version of CE. Hardly ever is a driver for a device released for CE.

I have had my avic f700bt for about a month now. I have had much success converting dvd to mpeg4 then putting it on a usb flash drive.

They play great, no skip, no errors. It does start a little slow. You will think the unit locks up but be patient, it works. I have 7 movies on one drive. I just select the folder number that holds the movie I want to watch and it plays.