AVIC411.com

Ipod cable

What cable (model # or link) is recommended for hooking up the IPod to the F90BT? It seems like some were having issues with the Pioneer cable.

Thanks

I read the same thing so I did not hook it up the stock cable that came with the F90BT, I'll wait to see what people say in this thread. I read someone had good luck with a rocketfish brand from best buy.

I read the same thing so I did not hook it up the stock cable that came with the F90BT, I'll wait to see what people say in this thread. I read someone had good luck with a rocketfish brand from best buy.

Why, if you have the Pioneer cable, would you not even try to hook it up? If i read that right, thats retarded, Ive got the cable and i havnt had a problem with it yet, though ive only used it a few times.

I don't have an Ipod so it did not really matter, but might (and that's reaching) at a later date get one.... so not so retarded from my point of view. As a matter of fact, I removed all the cables that I was not using such as the reverse input wire, all the speaker wire outputs since I am using AMPs etc.... Made for a cleaner install plus if I want I can put it back in later.

Would the original iPOD USB cable that came with the iPOD work?

I see that Pioneer cable has RCA leads as well as USB connector.

I just bought F700BT with 2.0 firmware, but have not installed it, as Crutchfield does not have XM receiver in stock. (I have credit with them).

If the stock iPOD cable works with the USB connection, why do we need RCA leads?

Sorry if it is a dumb question, but I am new to AVIC, and don't know if the USB connection is capable of delivering sound out of the iPOD. From the manual is seems that if you plug in a USB drive with music on it, AVIC will read it.

If the stock iPOD cable works with the USB connection, why do we need RCA leads?

You need the composite cable with the RCA jacks, the AVIC uses USB to control the ipod, but the audio and video inputs are handled via the RCA inputs, not the USB.

You need the composite cable with the RCA jacks, the AVIC uses USB to control the ipod, but the audio and video inputs are handled via the RCA inputs, not the USB.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Let me get this straight. If I plug in a Sansa media player in the USB connector, it will play music and video off Sansa, and control it through Avic, correct?

We only need RCA/USB cable for the iPOD, right?

Let me get this straight. If I plug in a Sansa media player in the USB connector, it will play music and video off Sansa, and control it through Avic, correct?

We only need RCA/USB cable for the iPOD, right?

Yes, you can also do this with any USB storage device.