AVIC411.com

Information regarding GM steering wheel bluetooth functions

First- YES, I did try searching.

Now, I have had some experience with steering wheel interface as I had used a pac module on my wife's 2002 Honda odyssey to simply retain volume and select functions on a in dash dvd player deck.

We just bought a new 2009 GMC Acadia and my original intent was to replace radio with aftermarket F900BT, however in seeing the beauty of the existing blue tooth interface I am dreading to loose this as well as the on star features which I only view as in case of emergency.

From everywhere that I have searched and called both crutchfield and pac as well as another steering wheel interface company, it would seem I will lose these functions if I swap out radio.

I am hoping that the appropriate interfaces maybe have just not been released to market yet? If so I have a good opportunity to buy the unit at a good price (600.00 new not refurb) and maybe just hold on to it.

Please advise as deal may go away quick.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I will wait patiently for an answer or the right interface.

I had an offer that I dint want to pass up, I bought 2 brand new avics 900bt for 500 ea and so i installed one onto my Honda Odyssey with good success.

I will wait for the right time and available technology before installing in GMC Acadia as the factory blue tooth and mic, plus On star is to good to lose entirely so hopefully answer presents itself so I can have both up and running.

I know that I will lose the bluetooth through the vehicle I was just hoping I can keep steering wheel buttons and possibly mic.

But man that GM bluetooth does work well, i guess years of practice with onstar helped them get it right.

I have been using my avic bluetooth for a few days now in my vehicle as I had bought two units.

So far so good, no problems with reception through mic, a little slow in ending phone calls to return to music, and contacts basically suck to navigate through and edit doesn't exist.

What BT functions are we talking about? Arew we talking about voice command, and the ability to make a call via voice? Or like answer and hangup functions?

I hated the SWI-PS in my Chevy truck as it would only work when it felt like it, and the functions were limited... SO this time I used the PAC SWI-X with my install of a Z3 in an 08 Tundra... The SWI-X can learn alot more fuctions than most of the other interfaces, including Voice command...cancel/back...as well as answer and hang up...

I don't know about the F series, but I would imagine for it to be no different than the Z's.... at least, if the SR1 remote works with the F series...

I found Toyotas BT to be pretty awesome as well, and was scared to lose it, but the Avic's is pretty dang nice too...not to mention all the features over the stock radio... The only problem I had with mine, was that the stock voice command button had an issue programming against the volume down... I guess there tied into each other somehow... But it turned out better, as the SR1 remote's VC/back and answer and hang up buttons switch roles dependant on what's going(i.e when you get a phone call or during a call)... sooo I just progrmmed the stock answer/hang up buttons to VC and back.... as you might can make out from the pic, it has a secondary role when either in a call or you're receiving a call.. Worked out perfect...

IMG_0223_1.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219_1.jpg

Actual IR emitter

IMG_0220.jpg

Not sure if this is what you're talking about or not... But I figured I'd put it out there... as I was impressed at how well it turned out and works...

Not sure on the On-Star stuff though...