AVIC411.com

alright retard question

i've read the stickies downloaded testmode and mitacap, unzipped it and downloaded to sd card. put it in the 700bt, turned key on and nothing. no blue screen or anything just runs normal. i have winows vista, i just used the windows extract to unzip the folders, transfered the unzipped testmode and metacap folders onto the card and next my sd card is 512mb and formatted to fat32.SOOOOOO do i need at least 1g or 2g sd card, from what i read on the forums everyone is using 1g or 2g and should i have it formatted to fat32 or what and should i use winrar instead of vista and where do i get the download program for winrar thanks for any help...

i gots goob edmacation LOL!!!!!

Stolen from someone wiser than I...

1 - unzip the contents of that attachment

2 - Put the two folders contained in that attachment on an SD card.

3 - Put the SD card in the F-series and turn it on

4 - Once it has finished the "copying" close the copying window by clicking the X

5 - You have now booted the unit to windows mode. Enjoy.

I have a 8gb sdhc card and my f90bt reads it perfect.

Reformat your SD card ( right click, format in my computer)

Unzip files to desktop first!

Transfer the "Testmode Folder" and the "MITICAP Folder" to the SD card.

Place sd card in your avic and turn key to on, it should work!

ok the mapdbinfo cannot be copied to sd card that is what vista says and that was on the testmode folder the metacap went to sd fine so i clicked ok on pc . i also downloaded winrar and it did the samething. i guess i have a crappy sd card and the card is lexar 512MB

Maybe,

1. Borrow or buy a new SD (I'm using Kingston 4GB SDHC) and retry

2. Post your city and hope someone on the board can meet up with you.

3. Enable Remote Desktop on WinCE and use the USB WiFi so an advanced user can review your steps (no- this is not possible for several reasons both hardware and software related- but would be really cool.)

ok bought a 2g sandisk, formatted at FAT it took it perfect i think cuz i didn't get that screen that i mentioned before but still does not load in to avic700 does it do it auto matic or what. i have the car off , i put the card in and turn on deck and i get no blue screen it just loads normal like it has no card in its slot.