AVIC411.com

Blue antena wire on F90bt harness, vehicle factory harness..

Hi guys..this seems like a really dumb question but I'm hoping someone can clarify.

On my F90BT "Power" harness there is a Blue Antenna Control wire.

On my Scosche Nissan Connector there is a Blue Power Antenna wire.

Easy enough!

Now I also needed a Scosche Antenna Adapter (2007-Up Nissan) it also has a Blue Wire.

So now I have 3 Blue Antenna wires...do they all go together???

Help out a radio newbie guys..

thanks!

First of all is your antanna electric (in other words does it go up and down when the radio's turn on and off)? Second, does your antanna have and amplifier to amplify or boost the signal ? The blue wire off the 90 is only a signal wire to signal the antanna to go up and down, it's not to be used to power an antanna booster or the antanna itself. See pages 6 & 7 of your installation manual : http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Stati ... al0520.pdf

So you'll need to determine what the blue wires are for before connecting up the blue wire off the 90. Like blackh8552 noted we may be able to help you determine this, but we need more info.

thanks guys for taking the time to answer my question.

The vehicle is an 08 Nissan 350z, so no power antenna. The vehicle comes with the upgrade Bose system, which I'm completely bypassing. I'm using a new F90bt headunit, new wires for the speakers, new speakers, new subwoofer, 2 new amps, new rca cables.

thanks guys for taking the time to answer my question.

The vehicle is an 08 Nissan 350z, so no power antenna. The vehicle comes with the upgrade Bose system, which I'm completely bypassing. I'm using a new F90bt headunit, new wires for the speakers, new speakers, new subwoofer, 2 new amps, new rca cables.

Call the Scosche techs. The number is on the bag the harness came in. They will tell you exactly what to do. I had a problem with my blue wires also and a quick call to them cleared it up.

when i hooked up my nissan altima 07, i hooked up the blue wire on the factory attenna adapter to antenna power on the factory adapter to the AVIC harness, not the nissan harness.

I don't remember what color the wire was. But after I connected the wire, the radio works much better.

You can connect it for the hell of it if you want, Power antenna to power antenna, but if your vehicle doenst need it, then it wont do anything im assuming.

I figure, in my thinking, that the harnes you got was for most all nissans, and if you dont have a power antenna, the pin it connects to on the nissan side will just be inop.

You can connect it for the hell of it if you want, Power antenna to power antenna, but if your vehicle doenst need it, then it wont do anything im assuming.

I figure, in my thinking, that the harnes you got was for most all nissans, and if you dont have a power antenna, the pin it connects to on the nissan side will just be inop.

That's what I thought as well, so I didn't bother connecting the blue wire. Unfortunately, I only received 3 radio stations on both AM and FM. The integrated antenna (in the window) still requires power and after I connected the antenna power, it worked properly.