AVIC411.com

Possibly improved TTS voices

I haven't had the opportunity to test these, but I came across them while I was looking for some other information... I haven't seen them anywhere on here, so here you go. I'll test them tonight after work, but I'm anxious to know if they work! Could someone try them out? They're apparently TomTom voices that have been converted to work with iGO 8...

From what I can tell, the DLL link at the bottom is just for iGO for PC... For our devices, you shouldn't need them (just the contents of the zips)...

Again, I didn't create these, but rumor has it they work! Posting them now in the hopes that someone can test them before I get home and can do so myself. As always, be sure to backup your Flash Disk (or at least the iGO folder) beforehand! If not, I'll post back after trying a couple of them out tonight...

I plan on testing the HQ versions. It was also said the UK voices pronounce street names more accurately than the US versions...

EDIT: nevermind, these won't work...

Don't bother,

Even by looking inside one of those zip files reveal that it won't work since it is completely a different format than IGO8. There is a zip file which is only 16kb of size which looks like the zip format that IGO8 recognises but the actual .ogg sound files are not there so they must be embedded into the .bin files which is not a recognised file by the version in our AVIC's.

Sorry :(

I guess you didn't even try? In looking at what's currently in the Flash Disk, the TTS zips are only 27k... The .OGG files only appear to be in the ZIPs for the normal speech (not TTS)... Which makes sense because those are all recorded sounds (one, two, etc, _not_ TTS)...

As you can see in the quote above, these are specifically for iGO8... They were tested, although I think they tested them on the PC version of the software, which the only difference seems to be the .dll files...

Meh... I'll still test them out tonight and see if I can't get them to work...Will let you guys know...

It looks like this might be the dealkiller:

tts_nuance="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ScanSoft\RealSpeakSolo"

It doesn't look like these voices use Realspeak... So a) we can maybe mod the tts_nuance value to use these voices, or B) I gotta look for / create voices for RealSpeak...

Anyway... should have more info in 4-5 hrs or so!

Would be nice if these voices worked, but note that these are Loquendo voices. iGO in AVIC uses Nuance's RealSpeak Solo TTS software instead. While there seem to be Loquendo support DLL's left in the program directory, EzRider.EXE does not appear to be accessing them.

SO I would not be holding my breath...

I just tryed without any success. Everything loads up and works fine, but there is no option to choose susan only samantha, and from what I can it is using Jason since it cant find Samantha. Hope someone can figure it out but my assumption is these files wont work with are unit.

has anyone tried Europe f-series TTS Voices on a US unit?

i´ve a US unit, and can use any non-TTS voice on this unit..But i would like to install TTS voices too.

can an Europe F-xx user upload his Voice and Scansoft folder please? full ""my flash disk""" would be great :wink:

if already somewhere to find, please the Link. :)