AVIC411.com

Screen issue help please - update

Hey guys. I just got a F90BT. I am having an issue with the touch screen. It does not respond at all to screen taps. It powers on, starts up fine, the map, menu and eject button work fine. If i put a DVD in, the sound plays and the volume knob works. I have reset the unit hitting reset and by holding down reset button for 15 seconds. If I hold down the menu button down it goes into a screen alignment screen, but, I can't tap ok. I also booted into test mode and the screen did not respond. HELP!!! I spoke with Pioneer and they say to reset the unit and if it doesn't work, send it in. I want that to be the last resort.

I have the same problem, I have tried to get some help by posting a couple times, and I got no response. Mine doesn't do it every time I get in the truck, just sometimes, but usually I can just hit the reset button and the screen will start to work. At first I thought my unit was bad, but after reading on these forums, im realizing this unit is just really buggy. Good luck to you.

I have the same problem, I have tried to get some help by posting a couple times, and I got no response. Mine doesn't do it every time I get in the truck, just sometimes, but usually I can just hit the reset button and the screen will start to work. At first I thought my unit was bad, but after reading on these forums, im realizing this unit is just really buggy. Good luck to you.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having this same problem. Installed a brand new f700bt 2.0 firmware yesterday (with wire bypass) and the unit worked for about 30 minutes. I went for a short drive around the block to test the GPS accuracy. When I got back to my driveway I switched over to the iPod source (1st gen Touch with latest firmware via Pioneer cable), had the bluetooth connected to my Sprint Moto Q9c but wasn't able to get my phonebook sent over... then I tested the VR with the iPod, it worked fine but the "NOW PLAYING" voice was waaay too loud so I decide to check the sound options to see if I could turn her down.. Then when I went to touch the screen again it was very slow to respond and then just seemed to freeze.

I turned the car off, waited a few seconds and turned it back on. Everything loads up but the screen no longer responds. The menu and map buttons seem to work but you can't press anything on the screen. When I hold the menu button it asks me to calibrate the screen, but I can't press OK.. the screen is completely unresponsive.

I've tried multiple hard resets via the front panel button, I unplugged both harnesses and checked all wire connections and plugged it back in. Still no touch screen response. I've even shut off my bluetooth on my phone just in case the head unit was hanging up because of a bad pairing or something.. .

The only thing I can think of that could possibly have caused this is that I grounded the relocated mute wire and parking break wire to the ground wire in the radio harness (I will be fixing that as soon as I'm out of work today.. admittedly I was just being a lazy-ass cause it was late and approaching 5 degrees outside). But anyway, I'm not sure this would be the cause of my troubles as it was working perfectly fine for about a half hour.

Anybody have any suggestions?