AVIC411.com

Touch panel help please

Hey guys. I just got a F90BT. I am having an issue with the touch screen. It does not respond at all to screen taps. It powers on, starts up fine, the map, menu and eject button work fine. If i put a DVD in, the sound plays and the volume knob works. I have reset the unit hitting reset and by holding down reset button for 15 seconds. If I hold down the menu button down it goes into a screen alignment screen, but, I can't tap ok. I also booted into test mode and the screen did not respond. HELP!!!

If you boot into test mode, do you have the same problem? Is there anything touching it? Have you put a screen protector on it?

I know on my cell phone, if I put a screen protector on it and try to tuck the protector into the gaps at the edges, if it's pressing down on the screen at all, I get no response... Hope this helps, otherwise you may have some kind of defective touch screen...

This has happened with me too, several times. I turn on the car and drive, hear my Ipod start playing, then I press map, and when the OK screen comes up it won't do anything, I can change songs using and everything, it just gets stuck on that screen and will not do anything until I turn the car off and back on or reset...Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...