AVIC411.com

700BT Review

i love this review and it's the real first review that didn't leave me with a feeling of regret for buying mine it will be here tomorrow but won't be able to put it in until this weekend.

same ive had mine sitting here since before xmas.... got mine for a great price just over $325... cant wait to get mine put in and start really playing with it....

the whole boot up time is a little over hyped I think, i drove around with my system for about a week before i realized it wasnt actauly the updated version....I did the update, and now its quick. It may not be ready the second my truck starts up, but who cars, this thing is so clean looking i dont mind waiting a few seconds to do stuff.

This review showed the boot times are tollerable too, so good job.

and the voice activated dialing isnt bad at all, I had it call my friend whos name i have as "Wo Man" and it called, and another as "Tinna is cool" (thats how she put it in there, so i left it) and it also called with no problem. So thats prety good i think, if you have stuff like "^ % &" then it wont regester

I agree 100% with the review.. dead on as far as I've seen out of my own F700 in the last 6 months of running it. I was tickled with it from the first time I fired it up. One detail I find funny is that it takes my car about the same amount of time to auto on the headlights at night from a fresh start.. so the boot time really is inconsequential. Its not anywhere as long as some report it to be.

Only issue I have with mine is that it does not dim/bright with headlight on/off.. anybody have any input on that? Car is 07 corolla. op software edition is most recent and as of current time.. still un-hacked :D .. though not sure how long it will remain virgin lol

yeah, even verified that the orange wire had +12v when the headlights where manually (as well as automatically) turned on.. dunno.. Only thing I can think of is that I'm using a adapter harness to plug into the factory wiring and I had to re-pin it to match the new unit (had pioneer in previously so only had to move two wires) .. but I'm 90% sure I got that correct.. :? In all other aspects the unit works flawless. 8) I really need to find a pin out diagram so I can verify the connections are correct. ;)